What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes and Windows 7

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hthompson1 said:
Why is it that iTunes and Windows 7 just will not cooperate!! I am getting so frustrated with this unhealthy relationship between the two. I searched here and a vast number of other places to find someone who could/would help me resolve the problem I was having. Specifically, after trying to upgrade iTunes to the latest version (2 months ago) I kept getting the message that the Windows installer could not be accessed. So, I could not upgrade. I then could not even uninstall the version of iTunes on my machine.
This went on for weeks. No real help. I finally sent my laptop back to the mftr (two time w/in this period of time). This last time they just replaced the hard drive because they could not get iTunes installed either.
With the new hard drive I was able to install the latest version of iTunes (10.3 I think). This was about two weeks ago. Today I tried to update the software on my iPad 2. After downloading for about 20 minutes and then preparing for install and installation time of another 10 minutes or so I finally get the error message that the update could not be installed!! Why Not??? iTunes is the only program that I have this problem with. Does anyone using Windows 7 NOT have this problem? Does Apple even give a flip? So what is one supposed to do, just ignore the updates?
It should not be this difficult!!!

I use windows 7 64 bit with nary a problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts