What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's screwing with my iPad?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
I open the camera and down in the lower left corner is that same picture. Duane Johnson shooting a gun out of a car window. I've searched my iMac (that I synch to) my iPhone and the new iPad2. No Duane except in the lower left hand corner.
When I click on this small lower left hand image nothing happens and it is nowhere else in the iPad 2 I can find.
You must live in bizarro land. The lower left hand corner picture in your Camera app is the button to open up your camera roll. When you click it, it should open up the Photos app.

Nobody else on this forum has this issue, so I doubt it's embedded in the OS. Have you asked your roommates? I have to believe that the photo is somewhere on your iMac and when you synced it (or when your roommates synced it) the photo was synced to your new iPad 2, just like with your iPad 1.

OP
S

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Went by Apple Store today to talk to a genius.

He showed me how when you hold your finger down on a picture on a web site too long a window comes up giving you several options. One of which is to save image another to cancel the window. It is possible I did such a thing and went to fast and hit save image instead of cancel.

As to why the picture is in the lower left hand corner, but not anywhere else he was completely stumped. He then saved an image, showing me how I might have done that, and then went into the camera roll and deleted his saved image. Once he did that the picture of The Rock disappeared from the lower left hand thumbnail as well.

Success. I asked him for my award for stumping a genius but he just smiled and wished me a good day. Can't fault me for asking!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
SheerLuckHolmes said:
Went by Apple Store today to talk to a genius.

He showed me how when you hold your finger down on a picture on a web site too long a window comes up giving you several options. One of which is to save image another to cancel the window. It is possible I did such a thing and went to fast and hit save image instead of cancel.

As to why the picture is in the lower left hand corner, but not anywhere else he was completely stumped. He then saved an image, showing me how I might have done that, and then went into the camera roll and deleted his saved image. Once he did that the picture of The Rock disappeared from the lower left hand thumbnail as well.

Success. I asked him for my award for stumping a genius but he just smiled and wished me a good day. Can't fault me for asking!

Buy a lottery ticket, seems you got lucky! :)

VicoPad addict!

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Flower icon is there by default to start a slide show...

As far as the pic of the rock...pehaps you accidently tapped a pic and then tapped save to photo app instead of hitting cancel? I have done this a few times myself without noticing.

Seems like you didn't need a Genius! Outl4w had pegged your problem already in the first reply!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Flower icon is there by default to start a slide show...

As far as the pic of the rock...pehaps you accidently tapped a pic and then tapped save to photo app instead of hitting cancel? I have done this a few times myself without noticing.

Seems like you didn't need a Genius! Outl4w had pegged your problem already in the first reply!

No kidding (AS I RAISE MY EYEBROW TO THAT!) haha

Most reactions