What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's having buyers remorse?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blake, you live in US where (almost) 1 million people buy an iPad i live in asia where is a really small quantity of people have one … so too many people look at me … but even i dislike to be the focus frankly speaking i don’t care i enjoy my device and especially now as i receive my 3G … and i can’t imagine yet to live without ..

this device help me to made my daily life and work more easy …

but of course everyone have is own taste and needing

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only remorse is not getting the 3G. But then again, I don;t need acess to the web 24/7. I hate to admit it, but this device is magical. The thing is... most of us never needed full laptops. Especially those of us that already have a desktop as well.

I understand the "douche" feeling. It's usually followed by a few stares and someone finally getting the guts to ask... "is that an iPad." In your head you're think "No Duh?!" but you politely respond, "yeah." Like it's no big deal. Like you've always had one.

The iPad isn't for everyone tho. And most will find it useless mainly due to the fact they're still stuck in that "I don't need this device" mode. The people who call you an idiot for having one are either... A. Broke or B. Don't have one. Anyone that plays with is for over 5 mins is gonna fall in love with it, guaranteed. It's only been week 2 with mine - and I can't imagine ever being without it.

Star56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love mine so much I am looking to buy a second one.

I guess I will be a double douche :)

nytngale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my 3g 64 model yesterday, but am totally in love with the device. I finally have my ereader, laptop and iPod all in one transportable device. All of the negatives I had read about like difficulty typing, poor wifi connections, etc so far have not been issues for me. So, definitely no buyers remorse here at this point. I think the thing is total genius. :D I am still a little nervous about breakage since it seems a bit fragile, but bought the square trade warranty to steady my nerves.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It cracks me up when some people ask, why did you buy that? What's the point? Or you buy anything apple makes and is like so? I have needs for it and maybe you don't. These people think they know it all. They don't realize that we all have different needs in life. I strongly feel I have needs for this device and it is my hard earn money I'm spending with and not theirs.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my "Paddy." I really liked the WiFi that I had, so much so, that I could not return it to wait for the 3g.
I gave the WiFi to my husband, my new lap top to my son, and my Barnes and Noble Nook to my daughter. They are all happy and therefore don't hassle me about all the money that I have spent in the last five months.

If I had be strapped for cash, I guess I would have buyers remorse. That's that only reason I could think of.
Blake, SELL IT!

SteveNYC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've brought it to the office and the attention is actually distracting, but that will diminish in time. I think it's an amazing product. The funny thing is that I work in the IT field and you would be amazed at how many IT people look at it as a toy.

They're nuts. It's 1.5lbs. with a 9 hour battery life on 3G cellular with a $30/month data plan!?!? This thing is incredible.

Then there's the other fact.... who cares what other people think? I bought this for me, not them.

7Keith7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine about a month. This is my first Apple product. No remorse at all other than wondering if the 3G would have been a better choice for me. I do sense envy and judgement by people I show it to. In the end the iPad is a toy, like a new bike, or wheels for your car, or a piece of furnitue for the house, you name it - not imperative, but nice to have. I'm considering one for my kid too. Lots of fun, with games and reading, and Internet browsing.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blake you sure the rem ores is not the 1000 you spent on the 3g 64 gig? Return it by a cheaper one see if it makes you feel like it a better product lol. This thing is seriously amazing I had been following the iPad for months as soo as it was officially announced. I convinced myself that i really didn't need it than launch they came. I didn't go the first day but the next and tqo min of playing with it dispelled everything i had told myself. Except the price tag i went with the 16! Maybe it's the price giving you remorse?

rknowles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem is that I hardly ever get to use it! My wife, who every few weeks would ask me for technical help -- like "honey, how do you attach a photo to an email?" -- and couldn't define what a smart phone was used for or what 3g means, now she happily curls up in bed with the ipad and types away at email, updates her facebook page, etc. My 13 year old daughter thinks I am finally "cool" and does many of her homework assignments on the ipad as well as the social communication thing. Even my 6 year old son gets in on the action -- he is obsessed with the maps application and is contantly looking for things like the Great Wall of China and the Sphinx.

My plan is that we will "struggle" with just one ipad for the family, and then next year when version 2 comes out, it will be an easy sell to get #2.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have remorse-that I did not buy more Ipads. Eventually there will be at least 2 more in the house. I was going to buy a Macbook but I dont think I need it. I have been using my Ipad on regular client visits and it is working great. Two more client presentations next week.

nzahr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No...Not.....Never......have buyers remorse. I carry mine with me everywhere...I can easily log onto my work computer when I am at home without having to get the computer going....love to read ebooks, news, listen to my favorite songs....even watched a movie on netflix while coming home from my husband's office last week (no I wasn't driving..LOL).....I use mine everyday at some point during the day.....haven't touched my laptop since I got it.

Most reactions

Latest posts