What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's having buyers remorse?

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a 32GB 3G iPad this last Friday. As cool as it is, and as much as i love iBooks, I just don't find it practical. I've tried to justify keeping it but I can't, plus i feel like a douche whenever I bring it out in public.

Anyone else?

Don't you mean you feel like an 'iDouche'? Ahahahaha! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I can certainly understand some buyers remorse. I feel the same way after each moderate to high priced item I purchase. I can certainly understand how you would feel that way if you don't see it's practical uses.

Nothing is worth feeling that way about. I would suggest selling it on Craigslist. You'll likely get your money back.

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, it seems like a lot of you are taking this to heart, I'm not attacking any of you. I was just as excited and anxious as everyone else in this forum.

I feel like an attention whore when I bring it out, especially on the bus. Maybe some of you like that attention, not me though.

I still think the iPad is cool, innovative, and will change computing. But that feeling of a new device has fadded and I just don't know if i'm gonna keep it.

I do see your point and have had similar issues with the ipad drawing attention whenever I take it out, be it in a Starbucks (less attantion grabbing) or at meetings for work (way more attention grabbing). That's something that will definitely drop off as time goes on and more iPads make their way into the general public. If you can't take it right now then I guess you should return the iPad, although I honestly feel that's a bad reason to return such a great device. One thing I did find though is that it took me a while to start using my iPad more than my iPhone/laptop. After the "new toy" phase ended, I found myself leaving the iPad and using my "usual" devices. Now, however, I take the iPad out at the office first, then pull the laptop out only if I need it for something I can't yet do with the iPad (easy printing, file sharing, etc.) There are utilities that make even those tasks doable on the iPad, I just haven't had the time to do the research and testing (owning your own company has its drawbacks ....)

At any rate, hope you're able to work your issues out and end up keeping the iPad. It's truly a great device and my hats off to Apple for getting it (mostly) right even in its first rendition. Here's a thought, return the iPad you have now and wait for gen2, probably next year. By then the hype should be significantly less and gen2 can only be better than the original ....

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I think I might need to find an iPad AA group. I can't ever seem to put mine down. I'm an addict. :)

Gazuga6176

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel you on the douche thing. But that comes with the eary adopter territory. Give it a week or so more. You won't give it up, trust me. And if you feel like you still can't take it out of the house, google the clamcase.

Rick Ornberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglemountainpromotions.com
No remorse here, even though my iPad has been a meeting stopper a few times. When the inquiries get to too much at a coffee shop, I just start telling them how helpful it has been selling life insurance. Usually they leave skid marks.

Actually, since I really sell promotional products, having product websites and info with me all the time has already helped me make sales. Two sales yesterday have almost paid for the iPad already.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No remorse here, even though my iPad has been a meeting stopper a few times. When the inquiries get to too much at a coffee shop, I just start telling them how helpful it has been selling life insurance. Usually they leave skid marks.

Actually, since I really sell promotional products, having product websites and info with me all the time has already helped me make sales. Two sales yesterday have almost paid for the iPad already.

I love that Insurance joke so funny. It just made my day. :D

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same feeling when I went from PC to my MBP. I thought it was the most expensive mistake I had made since my ex-husband. They kept saying to give it two weeks. In 10 days you couldn't pry it out of my hands.
I've had the iPad for over a month, and the new has worn off, but love it and carry it everywhere with me. If folks stare, I smile and keep surfing/playing games/reading.

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Blake, I'll help you out of the situation you have got yourself into.

Instead of leaving the iPad at home and hiding your remorse and having to go to therapy, just give the iPad to me and return to your life with no regrets.

Glad I could help!!!

Cya

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel like an attention whore when I bring it out, especially on the bus. Maybe some of you like that attention, not me though.

I still think the iPad is cool, innovative, and will change computing. But that feeling of a new device has fadded and I just don't know if i'm gonna keep it.

I think you have mental problems. Sell the iPad and visit a shrink ASAP.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I would like to address this also. This is a maturity problem. Just ignore any one giving you undo attention. Do not make eye contact with them. Think like a smashing woman who has to deal with undo attention every day.
People will get the message and ignore you too.

If you are man enough for those who still don't get the message, they can be made to understand if they don't ignore you that it could be hazardous to their future health and welfare.

IMHO it is none of their damn business what you are doing.

You can be balanced by being pleasant with the mildly curious but do not encourage any more conversation.

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love it and will never give it up. I agree with the attention whore thing. It has actually reduced my use to an extent.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blake Blake Blake...my bet is you bought the iPad because it was new,hot and sexy...not because you had a "gap" that needed to be filled by a device like this.

As for "Feeling like a douche whenever you bring it out in public"?? How,what,why?

Please tell me you've done this before with other things in your life that were highly touted, but you felt indifferent after the fact. I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the frequency of buyers remorse you have...or is it really just the iPad.

I do wish you well and happiness after you get rid of your iPad tho!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't spend $800 for other people to look at...I use it because I love it. If someone asks me about Ito will be polite, but maybe it's because I'm in la that people don't really bother me.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've owned mine for nearly a week and I still shake my head at what an amazing device it is, and this is after being in the IT field for over 20 years!

I love the fact that I can check my email everywhere and surf the net. I did find a bug though! It crawled onto the screen and I gently blew it off (I didn't want bug cuts on the screen!)

Blake, I would suggest that you sell it on bay. You will probably get more then you pay for it. After awhile you may have sellers remorse, but you can always buy on later :)

Most reactions

Latest posts