What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fully updated now on both devices, just getting iCloud sorted. I need to download and install a 667MB update for Aperture to enable Photo Steaming on the iMac.

Bonus, Apple gave me the 25GB storage upgrade free, until the end of June when my MobileMe account will expire. Since keeping it would be less than half the cost that MobileMe was, I may keep it. I'm sure that is what they are angling for. ;)
Yep, glad to have that extra 20GB's! It's a "gateway drug" you know. :D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep, glad to have that extra 20GB's! It's a "gateway drug" you know. :D

:D I know. On the other hand it looks like it might be kind of difficult to use all that space at first. There is no general access to the stuff you upload to iCloud; only the app that uploads it can access it (or other apps by the same developer if they so desire).

I've just copied about 30MB of text files from iDisk to iCloud using GoodReader's new options; but if I should ever loose GoodReader I'd also lose access to those files in iCloud. That makes it a bit less than a secure backup.

DropBox and the other Cloud services are not obsolete; a fact I'm sure they appreciate.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fully updated now on both devices, just getting iCloud sorted.

grey^_^arial^_^0^_^0^_^I knew you would stay awake!^_^.gif

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Nah, I went to sleep around 4:30, with an alarm to wake me to try again before 10. Once the download started, I crashed again, only to get up a hour later to find out the durn computer had followed my example. :D

Most of the rest of the day was spent (with suitable breaks) getting the iMac working right. I did not get back to work updating the iPad and iPhone until around 4 this evening, and I'm only just now finishing up.

And boy am I tired. As soon as I finish skimming the tech news of the day, I'm crashing again. Hopefully the computer won't. :D

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So after the update, I'm left with no music on my iPad :(
I'm sure I can fix that later, but here is a question.....when I tried to back up with iCloud it keeps telling me it won't work? what is this about?
Annette

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And when I updated my daughters iPod touch all of her movies are gone? I backed up her iPod touch not once, but like 3 times prior to doing the update....so why don't I see her movies on iTunes?? Starting to panic now...help!!! Annette

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with you, but I just finished mine, thank goodness. My iPad is a mess with apps though. I'm not too good with iTunes, quite frankly it scares me. But boy what a relief!!

Congrats leelai. If you see this, what happened to your apps? Did your folders get messed up?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
info said:
Congrats leelai. If you see this, what happened to your apps? Did your folders get messed up?

Thanks. Yes my apps are all over the place and a lot were missing. I've been rearranging and I've just restarted it and now I think they are all here. I've yet to really look. What about you, when do you think you'll take the leap?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes my apps are all over the place and a lot were missing. I've been rearranging and I've just restarted it and now I think they are all here. I've yet to really look. What about you, when do you think you'll take the leap?

Oh no. I have a lot of folders with carefully arranged apps so I think I will take screenshots before upgrading. I will probably wait at least a week before jumping in... at least. I hate to miss out on all the fun though. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
info said:
Oh no. I have a lot of folders with carefully arranged apps so I think I will take screenshots before upgrading. I will probably wait at least a week before jumping in... at least. I hate to miss out on all the fun though. :)

I wish i had taken screenshots and i did actually think about it and then completely forgot. I think waiting a week is a very good idea and wish I could have done that but we're going to New York on Tuesday, so I need to get this back up to scratch. It sure hasn't been fun though, at least not for me, more a cringing and biting my nails kind of thing. So glad it's done!! Good luck for when you take the plunge though

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can tweet via safari and I've also downloaded iCab Mobile which is also great. Having a blast with the new IOS. However, I am getting an error message when I use iMessage on my iPad. Would anyone know why?

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I'm with you, but I just finished mine, thank goodness. My iPad is a mess with apps though. I'm not too good with iTunes, quite frankly it scares me. But boy what a relief!!

Idk how wireless sync is actually going to work, but I'm excited.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know about this cloud syncing, can't figure out why all my photos didn't sync! That's it back to syncing with iTunes on the PC, I'll sort this out once the issues smooth out.

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I waited until today. Started at 10:00 am, finished at 11:10. No problem, except won't backup to cloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts