What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

coachf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want something new you can't always expect to be first in line. Have some patience...there's nothing about these updates that is required for your computer or devices to keep working as they always have. The new features are nice to have, but they'll still be available tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Easy for you to say, seems you were first in line. :/

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded it at 10am sharp and was fully running iOS 5 about 20min later. :)
This was for my iPad2

Shutterbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got my iPad2 updated at around 5 pm EST and have been busy playing and configuring ever since! I just kept clicking update every time I got the 3200 error message and finally I made it through the process.

Sent from my 64GB Wi-Fi and 3G white iPad2 using iPF

Blackchip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im all updated, and I love it! Especially the split keyboard!!!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know who was the first to download iOS 5; but, being risk averse, I may very well be the last. ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Restoring music now. For the moment it looks like I've fixed my download crash problem. Time will tell.

As soon as the iPad is done (crosses fingers) it is the iPhone's turn.

Then migrate to iCloud, download iWorks app updates, take a deep breath, and enjoy the results.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
info said:
I don't know who was the first to download iOS 5; but, being risk averse, I may very well be the last. ;)

I'm with you, but I just finished mine, thank goodness. My iPad is a mess with apps though. I'm not too good with iTunes, quite frankly it scares me. But boy what a relief!!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restoring music now. For the moment it looks like I've fixed my download crash problem. Time will tell.

As soon as the iPad is done (crosses fingers) it is the iPhone's turn.

Then migrate to iCloud, download iWorks app updates, take a deep breath, and enjoy the results.
Excellent to hear that things are behaving themselves once again. The iPod on my iPad lost it after the update. I had songs that wouldn't play, tap one song and a different song would play...pretty messy. I ended up deleting all of the music on my iPad and then re-syncing it. Took several hours but it all seems to be working again. Getting used to the new iPad iPod UI...think I like it...I think.

I'm going to give iCloud one more try now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Excellent to hear that things are behaving themselves once again. The iPod on my iPad lost it after the update. I had songs that wouldn't play, tap one song and a different song would play...pretty messy. I ended up deleting all of the music on my iPad and then re-syncing it. Took several hours but it all seems to be working again. Getting used to the new iPad iPod UI...think I like it...I think.

I'm going to give iCloud one more try now.

Fully updated now on both devices, just getting iCloud sorted. I need to download and install a 667MB update for Aperture to enable Photo Steaming on the iMac.

Bonus, Apple gave me the 25GB storage upgrade free, until the end of June when my MobileMe account will expire. Since keeping it would be less than half the cost that MobileMe was, I may keep it. I'm sure that is what they are angling for. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts