What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is still backing up the iPad. It's going to be a long night. Two devices to go. Tomorrow I think.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I get disconnected again, I'll just do it later.

Exactly. Have a drink, some chocolate and dream about our new iPhones we are getting and always remember:

iTunes cheats and never plays well with others ~ today is no different. But we do win in the end.

:D

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it looks like everything is finally complete. All of my apps have been restored, I have automatic backup to iCloud set up. Have some questions regarding iCloud but will wait until others get everything loaded and updated.
Not sure if I need iCloud email address. Started to set it up, but then got a message that once it was in place, it could not be changed. It looks like a few items can't be used unless an iCloud email address is set up. At least that is how I am understanding it based on the message I receive when I try to turn them on.

I will wait and see what others have to say about everything. At least this part is done. Took about 2 hours from start to finish. Fortunately I didn't have a lot of apps, movies or music. I assume that is why mine went a little faster even with all the problems I encountered. (Did I just say 2 hours was fast???) :D

Whew! Could not have done this without Rich's help. He has been awesome! Hopefully everything will continue to work as planned.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know guys tomorrow is another day. You can always try again then, for those who are having problems.

So....who likes it? How is icloud?
Takes a bit of time to set it up. My iPad is backing up to iCloud now...says it'll take about 15 minutes. I'm assuming first-time backup will take however long it takes to move data from the iPad to iCloud (broadband speed, amount of data, etc.) and then future backups will be incremental. I'll keep you posted!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am getting the same error message. Does this have anything to do with the age of my PC. 2004 Dell dimension.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rich! My back up as an error -54. Continuing will Lose all contents. Gggrrr. I can't find the post that suggested the answer. Help!

Memphis_Raines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, all done on iPhone 4 now for the iPad! By the way, got the 3200 error 4 times, just persevere and keep trying guys, it will work eventually ;-)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting the same error message. Does this have anything to do with the age of my PC. 2004 Dell dimension.

Rich! My back up as an error -54. Continuing will Lose all contents. Gggrrr. I can't find the post that suggested the answer. Help!
IIRC Error Code 54 (any 50 series) is a timeout error...usually a lost connection to the server. You may need to start over.

Try suggestions here...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49067-who-will-first-download-ios5-19.html#post337500

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts