What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, Lion is an OS update that must be purchased through the Mac App Store.
oh right,thought it was the lion update that was wanted,you just forget about the lion install its so" normal" to me now

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh right,thought it was the lion update that was wanted,you just forget about the lion install its so" normal" to me now
Yep...s/b on Lion 10.7.2 now. Although that wouldn't have any effect on iTunes 10.5 or iOS 5 AFAIK.

Last edited:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now we all know that the speed of light is 3x10^10 cm/s so, if you want to be pedantic, those in North Carolina will get it first...:D

Tim

But I have 14 inch thick brick walls and lots of tinfoil, so my neighbour will get it before me because I have more insulation and that slows the WiFi trons down by -3x9^14 cm/greenpois0n.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I give up it has come up with errors again and stopped downloading.
How frustrating. What are the errors? Do they include any numbers? If you can take a screen shot/capture when they appear, try posting what they say and any numerical references.

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( Oh dear...HELP. I connected back to iTunes and it said it was now updating my iPad. Then it synced and did back up. Then all these software and firmware restore and new drivers. Then the message that it was resetting to factory restore. Then a message that the factory settings could not be restored because "iTunes could not connect to the iPad because the Pairing Record is missing." What does that mean? Now I get a message on my iPad that says choose to set up as a new iPad or restore from a backup. Set up as new iPad is checked, but also have option of "Restore from iCloud backup or Restore from iTunes backup"
What do I do?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( Oh dear...HELP. I connected back to iTunes and it said it was now updating my iPad. Then it synced and did back up. Then all these software and firmware restore and new drivers. Then the message that it was resetting to factory restore. Then a message that the factory settings could not be restored because "iTunes could not connect to the iPad because the Pairing Record is missing." What does that mean? Now I get a message on my iPad that says choose to set up as a new iPad or restore from a backup. Set up as new iPad is checked, but also have option of "Restore from iCloud backup or Restore from iTunes backup"
What do I do?
I would restore from iTunes backup. That will put you back to square one at least. Once that's done try clicking on "Check for Update" again and it's likely that the process will start anew.

The "Restore from iCloud Backup" is new. That means that the initial backup from the upgrade was sent to Apple's servers. That explains why the restore took some time...they are pulling from iCloud rather than iTunes now. That will give everyone an additional backup safety net/option...very nice! :thumbs:

Last edited:

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you Rich, I will take a screen capture if it does it again but it's now showing 8 hours download time. I closed itunes and reopened it this time. Oh well if I can't do it in the next few hours I will load the GM version which I downloaded yesterday, just in case it wasn't available today.

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would restore from iTunes backup. That will put you back to square one at least. Once that's done try clicking on "Check for Update" again and it's likely that the process will start anew.

Ok, will try that. Thanks...saying prayers here and fingers and toes crossed!

Most reactions

Latest posts