What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Historically Apple has released upgrades at 10 a.m. PDT/PST. IIRC one was delayed until 1 P.M. Pacific Time.

Time Zone Converter

Things have always moved slowly the first few hours due to demand as well. The first upgrade for the iPad had some bugs and it took a few more hours to iron that out. (Hopefully that's not the case this time.) The new mega-data center in North Carolina may or may not alleviate some of the load, only time will tell.

In the meantime, patience grasshoppers, patience. :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Historically Apple has released upgrades at 10 a.m. PDT/PST. IIRC one was delayed until 1 P.M. Pacific Time.

Time Zone Converter

Things have always moved slowly the first few hours due to demand as well. The first upgrade for the iPad had some bugs and it took a few more hours to iron that out. (Hopefully that's not the case this time.) The new mega-data center in North Carolina may or may not alleviate some of the load, only time will tell.

In the meantime, patience grasshoppers, patience. :)

I thought that they had loaded 20million copies onto 5.25" floppy disks and they were sending them out from Infinite Loop. I calculated that at an average speed of 30mph and assuming 12million stop offs before the van and it's motorcycle outriders get to me, I should get my copy at 17:19hrs on 3rd June 2028.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I thought that they had loaded 20million copies onto 5.25" floppy disks and they were sending them out from Infinite Loop. I calculated that at an average speed of 30mph and assuming 12million stop offs before the van and it's motorcycle outriders get to me, I should get my copy at 17:19hrs on 3rd June 2028.

Then when will I get my copy in Austria :D

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear that it was going to be on Zip disks...I mean Apple is a pretty progressive company you know. :D

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6pm..... Still waiting

iPhone, iPad, AppleTV... got the t-shirt.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS5 said:
Almost there... :) SO EXCITED!

Dont get to excited! Its just a theory when itl be set free :) wouldnt surprise me if they let us wait a bit longer!!!!!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
has anyone had the lion update yet? do we need that first?

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On it's way whooooooooooo

iPhone, iPad, AppleTV... got the t-shirt.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For one brief instant I got the update option, hit Download only, but it got a missing resource error and am now back to the usual software is up to date response.

Most reactions

Latest posts