What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is peter.holland.australia

Reaction score
Dear fellow iPad Forums avatars.

I am a recently retired Australian who lives in the beautiful capital city of this country, Canberra, with the last two remaining female members of the household, my wife and a 15 year old cat; my two daughters, who are in their twenties, having left home in the last 5 years; but we see them both regularly, which is nice.

I like to travel and was fortunate in my job as the head of the national mapping organisation to see many parts of the world, but now I would like to see as much of this large continent as I can with my wife in our motorhome.

I like to play lawn bowls and the quality of my play oscillates between semi-resonable and downright poor, the latter being my present status, partly because my health has taken a bit of a set-back over the last few months. Because of this I*have plenty of time at present to get to know my iPad, and I marvel each day at the enjoyment I receive from using this device; as my mail box and browser, as my calendar and contacts list, as my note recorder and book reader, I have about 200 pdf books in a queue and waiting to be read, as my hi-fi system, connected to a cute Yamaha speaker box, which sounds better than the massive system I purchased when I turned 21 eons ago, as my phot frame, and as my games centre. My iPad sits in a beautiful leather cover and stand, and goes with me wherever I go, be it to the local coffee lounge or in the motorhome on a trip. I sync my iPad with my Nokia mobile phone through Google exchange, and would love to have an iPhone 4 and be able to run some of my Apps on both devices.

After having been a devout Windows/PC user for over 30 years, and probably having denounced Apple technology in the past, I am now a Steve Jobs convert because at my point in life it suits me to be so; isn't it amazing what a sleek, gorgeous tablet can do to a late middle aged ego!

I have joined the iPad Forums so as to be able to share my experience in undertaking particular tasks; I have already posted a piece on how I manage documents, and will be posting another piece soon on how I process photos; and, will be using the Forums to assist me in my day to day iPad endeavours.

That is enough from me by way of introduction.

Regards Peter
20 Feb 11

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome from the other side of the world. Thanks for your interesting email. I, too, strayed into PC land, though I was an Apple user in the early 128K Mac days. I hope you post your experiences and your tips - I learn something new from this Forum every day!!

The weather today in Scotland is damp, cold, windy, misty, grey, overcast, possible snow on high ground - but, apart from that, it's a wonderful day.

Tim
Scotland

OP
P
Reaction score
I dream of Scotland

Oh Tim...I dream of Scotland, not so much for the weather which you capture beautifully with your classic dry Scottish sense of humour, which I just love, but in the wild countryside, historical towns, strong liquor, and general m8-ship of the people, as they are depicted in books by Ian Rankin and TV shows like Taggart. Have a great day. Regards Peter

OP
P
Reaction score
PS. I forgot to say that I just ordered a new Macbook Air 13 inch, delivery in 24 hours, AUD1,950, my first ever Mac; to complement my iPad. Hopefully I'll be able to post something useful to this forum on how the two flash memory devices interact.

Most reactions

Latest posts