What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob from MS

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, since I've been a member of this forum since June 1, and an iPad owner since shortly after that, I guess it's time for me to post my introduction.

My name is Bob, although my username is robertlc. I go by Bob. At work and on another board, I am sometimes called "Video Bob" since that's what my work usually entails, video.

I was born and raised in central Mississippi. Went to college in the state, twice, and settled on the MS Gulf Coast.

I did go through Hurricane Katrina in 2005, although we did evacuate to my family's home in central MS, but it came up there and hit us too.

We came back the day after the storm to help my inlaws pick up the pieces of their home and to help our workplaces dig out and start the long process of recovery.

I'm married to a MS Gulf Coast girl, we met in college but didn't start dating until years later after running into each other after I moved down to the Coast. We have 2 beautiful and very smart daughters who we're trying to raise to be Coast Rats.

I work for a major financial services provider down here. We cover 4 states and at present time the company is worth around $8B.

I handle the internal a/v needs of the company at internal functions and events, as well as I'm responsible for the merchandising of our 130+ branches across 4 states. Merchandising involves the internal and sometimes external appearance of the branches, all advertising and promotional fixtures are part of my territory.

While the a/v part of my job has dwindled a bit, the merchandising part is almost another full-time job. The merchandising part is not what I was trained or schooled for, but it's fun and different.

My wife and I are both big gadget geeks. I had seen an iPad when they were first released and didn't think I needed one. Then I got to hold one at Best Buy. From that moment on, I was obsessed with figuring out how to rearrange money and save up to get one.

I got mine mainly because right before that, my wife wanted a DSLR camera and I got it for her. If she gets a new toy, I've got to get one right?

The iPad is my Father's Day, Birthday, and probably Christmas present.

The iPad is the first Apple product I've owned. Apple and I don't have a good history. When I was an intern, on the first day, I touched the Mac they had in my area to use it and it crashed. Later that year on my last day, I touched it and turned it off. It crashed and they never recovered it.

So far, the iPad hasn't behaved like its older cousin. And I'm glad.

I'm glad to be on here and am working to make myself knowledgeable about the iPad so I can jump in and help contribute.

Thanks for reading this far.

Bob

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Bob! I love your introduction :) I'm not good with anything computers but iPad has yet to fail me ;)

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wanted to edit and say that I'm on Facebook, but I refuse to do Twitter.

Did you know that you can't correctly edit a post from the iPad? If message is long, there's no way to scroll through the message to get to the point you want to edit. Can this be fixed?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont know how to fixed it, but i know someone posted a fix for that. just use the search option above.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wanted to edit and say that I'm on Facebook, but I refuse to do Twitter.

Did you know that you can't correctly edit a post from the iPad? If message is long, there's no way to scroll through the message to get to the point you want to edit. Can this be fixed?

Yes two tricks. First there are two tiny grey arrows on the right of the first line of icons in the dialog box. They lengthen or shorten the box.

Second, to navigate downwards or upwards to a hidden part of any text box, put two fingers down and drag up or down instead of one.

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We just picked up a 16Gig wifi iPad for my wife. It's her Valentiothersary (Valentine's, Mother's Day, Anniversary) present.

Right now, she's installing iTunes and getting ready to set it up.

Most reactions

Latest posts