What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is getting their 3 first?!

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My FedEx tracking says that my iPad 3 "started" its journey in Nashville and is scheduled to be at my office no later than 3PM on the 16th.

So I would agree that they staged a LOT of units in the US already.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
b00bie said:
This information came from an article on CultOfMAC this morning

If you’re one of many lucky pre-orderers, your new Retina Display iPad may already have been shipped off from Apple’s factories in China and may, in fact, be sitting in your own state, waiting for delivery. We know ours is.

If so, you might think that there’s a strong possibility that your new iPad will come sooner than Friday, March 16th. Fat chance.

We’ve heard a few reports from readers who have contacted their local shipping agent, asking when they can expect their new iPads to be delivered. These readers all have new iPads that are already sitting waiting for delivery in their home states.

Unfortunately, even though the iPads may be located just a few miles away, shipping carriers like FedEx are powerless to deliver them. Why?

Because Apple has the new iPads locked up in their own private 18-wheeler trucks. These trucks are on FedEx property, and entered into FedEx’s system, but FedEx has been told that Apple will not unlock these trucks until Thursday evening.

In other words, if you’re counting on having your new iPad slip through the cracks, there’s little chance of that. With the new iPad, Apple is taking a tighter rein on the delivery process than ever. I wonder if by the fourth-gen iPad, Apple employees will be delivering it to you themselves.

Looks like it definitely will be Friday :(

I figured as much. Thanks for the official word. Now it's all a matter, of when on Friday....

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

swaggapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who is upgrading from an IPad 2 here and why?

Just interested as I am an iPad 2 user who wasn't sold on this update.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi + 3G iPad 2

I did because I play a many games on this thing and watch alot of movies on Netflix and HBO Go so I wouldn't mind the higher resolution one bit. besides I sold my 32GB ipad2 for $425 so i'm only ponying up $175 for a new one.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Before 3 Friday the 16th. Mine is in Middleton, PA now but I'm sure it will go to NC Thursday night to be "out for delivery" Friday.

Mine is upgrade from a 1. Haven't been able to access IOS 5.1 for either Ipad.

lrstyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 3 back cover...

I ordered the black leather smart cover. But for the back, I'm going to try this cheap product ($4) which received fairly good reviews:

Amazon.com: Smart Cover Partner Snap On Slim-Fit Case for Apple iPad 2 - Crystal Clear: Electronics

Hopefully it fits the new ipad since it was made for an ipad 2. What sold me is the price for one, and that its described as a clear, thin, snap-on shell which should still allows you to show off the beauty of the ipad.

Lets see...

The order:
Black/64GB/Verizon/Nothing else.
Order on the 7 About 2.3 hours after Presentation.
Was shipped on the 3/11 from Ontario, CA by Fed Ex.
Rough distance about 1.5 hours from me. And about 30 minutes from the local Fed Ex hub.

It took a while to go from "Processing Items" to "preparing for shipment". From that to "Shipped" was super quick.

I hope they put them in a safe spot till they place them gently (toss) them on the truck Friday! Esp since it the size of a football... Could see a roll out maybe Thursday. Else in my area could really be like a Christmas season shipping style.

Have a question: I have a still going strong iPad 1 with the Apple rubber case that worked darn well. Need a case for my new friend. Thinking of the Smart Cover for the front but looking at the stick on "Do your own Design" back covers. Any good ones out there?

Clockwork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say this is a chance some ppl would get it before Friday. We are talking about millions of packages. It is enough that fedEx would make a mistake with 0.0001% of the packages, to get some lucky ones the device earlier. Not that it matters that much, hehe.

Regarding "why upgrade from iPAD2", my personal answear would be: Why ppl upgraded their VCR to DVD? or DVD to Blu-ray? Or regular TV to HD TV.

lrstyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Count me in - mine is also in Middletown. I have mine being delivered to my job in NYC (Manhattan)

My two are in Middletown also, I say we storm the place and take no prisoners :) At least we will be lucky enough to get ours on release day.

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is in Middletown too, and is also getting delivered to my work on Friday, along with like 8 other peoples LOL. Should be a very productive day. Luckily FEDEX comes here at like 9:00 AM

Beachgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys
I ordered mine, 64 gb, white on the 7th with engraving
I see that its been shipped from Shenzhen china on March.10th, and its now in HKG?, to be delivered on 3.16th end of the day

TaraMorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine delivers on the 16th....still cant find a decent leather case\cover for it though:mad: most sites are offering IP2 covers for the new one

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My two are in Middletown also, I say we storm the place and take no prisoners :) At least we will be lucky enough to get ours on release day.
While that may get you your iPad on release day,your own release day will,unfortunately,be postponed.:D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

saholz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is an iPad2 case that's being sold for both. It's my understanding that the slight increase in thickness on the new iPad is not enough to cause a problem as far as it fitting the iPad2 cases.

saholz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order went in on 3/7, but still shows "Preparing for Shipment" with a 3/16 delivery date. (Black, 32GB, WiFi only.) I would expect that status to change soon since the delivery date hasn't yet been pushed back.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got notice from Apple that my iPad shipped on the 10th at 10:00am but the Fed Ex number is still not showing anything in their system! Gotta love the consistency!

Most reactions