What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

liveinla14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to check it out tomorrow and will decide. Already sold my iPad 3, now the question if I am getting the Mini or 4 and currently leaning towards the Mini. Just hope they will have some in stock tomorrow!

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i pondered over screen size and shape long and hard before deciding on the iPad 2, at that time i would have preferred the 7" format in the ipad 1 case. i wen't with iPad 2 in the end because i hade the iPhone 4 and the apps are copied across.

tbh i would not now change back, i keep pdf's of manuals i use at work so the larger screen score higher for me.

if only Apple would go back to the squared case to match the iPhone :(, never understood why the reversed happened in the designs from 3gs bar of soap to the fabulous iPhone 4, 4s and 5
and iconc ipad2/3 iad 2

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After reading you all talking about the iPad Mini and now the news regarding stereo speakers...I just might mosey on over to Best Buy and see if they have the Mini available. I'm starting to feel left out on all the fun! LOL

Apple.Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2, iPhone 5, and preordered the mini. I was thinking about getting the iPad 4 also but I heard there gonna come out with a newer version around march so thinking I'm just enjoy my mini and wait till march for 5. Gettin the new 13 MacBook Pro w/ retina next month also!!

lphong1148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope to get one tomorrow for my birthday at the Apple store. I have iPad 2 that I carry all the time for work & home & the lighter mini would be very welcome replacement. I am very excited! ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading you all talking about the iPad Mini and now the news regarding stereo speakers...I just might mosey on over to Best Buy and see if they have the Mini available. I'm starting to feel left out on all the fun! LOL

Lol, I know what you mean. I don't need a mini, but they're so adorable that I'm tempted. Must resist. Must resist. Must resist.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol, I know what you mean. I don't need a mini, but they're so adorable that I'm tempted. Must resist. Must resist. Must resist.

The black one really gets my attention. Engadget has a review up with lots of pics. Oh man....and the white one is nice too, but I don't like the backside so much on that model.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tomcrown said:
Sorry I will not over pay for yesterday tech. I will wait for IPad mini 2

Djdan said:
I tend to agree...

Sent from my IPad (3rd Gen)

Are you saying that you want all the components of a device invented as close as possible to the time you purchase a device?

canmorechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had an ipad 2 (daPi) for a year? Longer? A month ago bought a MacBook Pro, macki, cuz of the stuff I needed to do for work. My ipad mini will be here in a couple hours.

For me, since my whole life is on daPi and I have to share, and don't enjoy reading on a laptop, a Mini is perfect for me...as good as daPi but smaller so reading, my main use in evenings, will be even better! I did the research and couldn't care less about the display, so ipad 2 + Mini = perfect combo for me.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tomcrown said:

You realize that by the time an iPad mini 2 is released, the iPad mini 3 will be well into development

mikeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have an iPad 3rd gen and I wanted to see if my 70-year-old eyes could handle the non-Retina display of the mini. the 16GB black/slate unit will be here later today.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You realize that by the time an iPad mini 2 is released, the iPad mini 3 will be well into development

LOL the typical "I'm going to wait until the next one comes out" thought process. Always waiting for the next best thing...

Enjoy life today. No sense in waiting. If the product fits your needs today, buy it today. Simple as that.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I tend to agree...

Are you saying that you want all the components of a device invented as close as possible to the time you purchase a device?

I'm of this thinking, too. I fully realize that devices are in continuous development and upgrading, which is why I won't buy tech from a generation ago (or two in this case) that's been repackaged, especially when the price diff is not huge between iPad mini (generation 2 tech) and iPad 4 (two generations later). That's despite my having rooted for a mini iPad since I first got my iPad 1.

Of course, this is based on personal preferences, and I can also see why many people are buying mini iPads now.

Most reactions

Latest posts