What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still getting plenty of use and value from my 18 month old Scooter...so no mini for me. But lobbying for a new iMac for Christmas. That iMac is so beautiful!

Hope everyone who went out and got one is enjoying it. And those who just read about the bad/negatives, please go try one at the store to see if its indeed that bad...or if it will work for what you need it for. Don't believe everything you hear/read.

Sent from Scooter, my White 32GB iPad, using iPF in Deutschland

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
jncbankston said:
Still getting plenty of use and value from my 18 month old Scooter...so no mini for me. But lobbying for a new iMac for Christmas. That iMac is so beautiful!

Hope everyone who went out and got one is enjoying it. And those who just read about the bad/negatives, please go try one at the store to see if its indeed that bad...or if it will work for what you need it for. Don't believe everything you hear/read.

Maybe a future generation mini will be called "Vespa".

;)

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to step away!

I'm telling you - just holding that thing and pretty much all rational thought is gone.

Well, in my case, anyway... :)

Marilyn

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Mickey330 said:
You might want to step away!

I'm telling you - just holding that thing and pretty much all rational thought is gone.

Well, in my case, anyway... :)

Marilyn

I know what you mean. It's a very seductive device.
It's in my future - but not today. Well not right now today. Hmmm. The mall stays open til 9pm.
That's another 3.5 hours of temptation.

AA

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Maybe a future generation mini will be called "Vespa".

;)

AA

Ha...yessir...those things are about as common here as the people having iPhones,

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I know what you mean. It's a very seductive device.
It's in my future - but not today. Well not right now today. Hmmm. The mall stays open til 9pm.
That's another 3.5 hours of temptation.

AA

There's also the Apple online store, it's open 24/7.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Doesn't compare. Seriously you have to hold the mini. I think it may be a living cybernetic organism. Hands felt a little tingly holding it and I think my pulse rate increased.

;)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I agree, I had the display Mini in my hand for 30 minutes and the longer it was in my hands, the closer I was coming to the conclusion I had to buy it. Thank goodness another person came up and broke the spell.

OP
iJamesH

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Doesn't compare. Seriously you have to hold the mini. I think it may be a living cybernetic organism. Hands felt a little tingly holding it and I think my pulse rate increased.

;)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Proof that you're a Cylon skinjob :D

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats AA on getting your new ipad mini, i tried it yesterday and its a lovely feeling when you hold it, the size, portability and lower weight makes it more easy then the big ipad. The 1st gen mini ipad is a way better then the 1st gen big ipad which was heavy and the specs were poor, not camera, slow processor, and only 256mb ram which caused problems

RIP Steve Jobs 

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to best buy on Friday to try out the mini, which I promised myself I did not need. It's so cute, and light. The screen was ok, didn't really get to play with it much, a lot of people were trying to try it out too, and they were trying to charge it at the same time. The 64 g was the only one available, and I really didn't want to spend that much on another gadget, I have the iPad 3. No plans to get the 4. If the 16 g was available, it probably would have come home with me. I think I need gadget therapy lol!!

bethd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own original iPad and just bought iPad mini and Apple TV. Love the light weight and portability of mini! Am still exploring Apple TV.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bethd said:
I own original iPad and just bought iPad mini and Apple TV. Love the light weight and portability of mini! Am still exploring Apple TV.

That's a serious upgrade, let us know how you get on with them (BTW, I really enjoy having Apple TV, especially for mirroring entertainment apps).

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts