What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have the iPad 3, I'm highly considering getting a mini, but I don't know which color D:

The white looks better from the front but the black looks better from the rear. Still, I plan to get the black as it works better on a tablet, IME.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd get a white one. However, I'm waiting for the upcoming Nexus announcement before deciding on which 7" tablet to purchase. The Mini looks sexy but I'm not impressed given the price.

nickp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will retire my iPad2 to my wife and pick up the new mini for every day and work use. I travel quite a bit so the smaller form factor will be ideal. And it isn't Android.....

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
twerppoet said:
Still thinking about buying one for Mom, but I don't know where the money will come from. Probably pick up a used iPad 2 instead.

I read an article by a financial guy called "What's Your Latte Factor."

He said one of the easiest goal oriented ways to save money is to divert what you would spend each day on coffee and a muffin, donut or other discretionary food and drink. Many of us spend $4-$5 a day that way, which adds up pretty fast.

I count 61 days to Christmas. At $5 a day that's $305. Almost a mini.

:)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will sell the ipad and buy the ipad mini :)

I am buying an iPod Maxi as soon as it is released. No, wait . . . I guess I will be buying an iPad Mini after all. I am so confused. Is the iPad Mini a larg iPod or is the iPod a tiny iPad? And is the iPad 4 going to be bigger? If so, what is it called?

I might have to sell my iPad Mini AKA the iPod. Or is the iPod the iPad Maximum Mini? Which one is the iPad that folds? No, wait, it is now called the Mac Book Air. If they make a smaller version, we can have the Mac Book Mini or iFolder . . the latest iPod from Apple. Or make the iPod much larger and call it the Mac Book Air iFolder.

As soon as they stop suing the planet, they can design something a tad better than the Mini.

I wish Apple would bring the Walkman back. And 8-track tapes. I love those things.

Treborray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
I am buying an iPod Maxi as soon as it is released. No, wait . . . I guess I will be buying an iPad Mini after all. I am so confused. Is the iPad Mini a larg iPod or is the iPod a tiny iPad? And is the iPad 4 going to be bigger? If so, what is it called?

I might have to sell my iPad Mini AKA the iPod. Or is the iPod the iPad Maximum Mini? Which one is the iPad that folds? No, wait, it is now called the Mac Book Air. If they make a smaller version, we can have the Mac Book Mini or iFolder . . the latest iPod from Apple. Or make the iPod much larger and call it the Mac Book Air iFolder.

As soon as they stop suing the planet, they can design something a tad better than the Mini.

I wish Apple would bring the Walkman back. And 8-track tapes. I love those things.

Haha! Loving the names you came up with!!! "iPad Maximum" !

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read an article by a financial guy called "What's Your Latte Factor."

He said one of the easiest goal oriented ways to save money is to divert what you would spend each day on coffee and a muffin, donut or other discretionary food and drink. Many of us spend $4-$5 a day that way, which adds up pretty fast.

I count 61 days to Christmas. At $5 a day that's $305. Almost a mini.

:)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Naw, keep saving and do not stop. That is almost .0045 percent of the cost of a new Bugatti Veyron. I would rather have one of those 1,000 plus HP, 250+ MPG cars, anyway because chicks dig 'em and it would make me even more cool than I already am. I prefer fake women with little depth that only want my cash because I can negotiate. Sure, if she is a blond, I'll have to define what n e g o t i a t e means, but all the good red heads are either taken or they prefer people other than me. Unless I drive a Bugatti, that is.

As opposed to an ex-wife that will actually get most of it and more. And the ex will likely take the dog as well as the iPad, so you are stuck. She will probably take my iPad Cozy I knitted last winter. A fast car lets you make a quick get away, so it is win, win, win.

And if you pay cash down at your local Bugatti store, they toss in a free iPad, probably.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have the iPad 3, I'm highly considering getting a mini, but I don't know which color D:

Learn to Anodize aluminum and create your own festive colors. Perhaps periwinkle or beige.

Then Jailbreak the device, and install one of the Android themes and visit the Apple genius bar and make their brains melt for just getting a glimpse of an iPad you dared desecrate with anything remotely Android. Tell them that you are beta testing the iAndroid powered iSurface from Apple and laugh sarcastically. If one of the geeks tries to attack you, just threaten to open and remove your entire collection of Star Wars action figures from their original packaging and beat Han and Luke and Justin Bieber and Princess Leaia (sp?) to death with an original light saber thing.

At this time, I have an announcement: I would like to start a movement. Every time you mention Android, put a little "i" in front. Like my Motorolla iAndroid powered Triumph. Or my iSatellite from Toshiba. Perhaps I'll call my new GF, iLady iGa iGa.

Seriously, I am looking into anodizing my iPod Maxi with some color other than those gawd awful Nano colors. Perhaps a multi-color job using the Windows 8 color schemes.

Or beige, that would be epic.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry I will not over pay for yesterday tech. I will wait for IPad mini 2

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH: In December, Apple will announce the iPad Mini 2. A source only I know deep inside the Kingdom of Apple said "We want to be number one again, so our new releases will keep up with Android. This move will be made because we learned that we are running out of fanboys and now we must compete on something other than our good looks and high prices and limited availability. We will update iOS 34 times in 2013; our TOS will be reduced to 450 pages, and Tim Cook will license iOS to RIM. You can expect the iPhone 6, 7, 8, and 9 before Arbor day, 2013. We will relocate the headphone jack, announce a new connector that will be compatible with the first one, and add Gorilla Glass 3. Sorry, no NFC till we "invent" NFC 2.0. Each new release will feature increasing screen sizes until the iPhone looks like a Galaxy S3. We will add NFC by 2015."

I know people and I can absolutely confirm from secret engineering documents coming directly to me from people I know at Foxx and uploaded to the Internet by unidentified writers at The Huffington Post, the new device will have a much larger screen and it will be called the iPad.

By the way . . Apple will stop making the Mini because Foxx ran out of left over Kindle Fire and PlayBook parts. Mr. Cook will announce his forced retirement from Apple (due to Mini Gate and making iPods ugly but colorful) and his post will be filled by the person Microsoft fired for suggesting the Surface. Cook will have his iTunes account publicly canceled in a public ceremony in Cupertino. I hope he is using iCloud.

You can find the files I have referenced in this late breaking special report, stored on the web. Just Download Tor and look for documents with the .onion extension. Gee I hope someone gets that.

If I am not correct, I'll publicly eat three bugs.

OP
iJamesH

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heard Apple is coming out in November with a 12,000" screen iPad called iPad Behemoth with a 9000000 X 9000000 Retina Display,Dolby 200.0 Surround Sound speakers and wifi that can reach as far as Jupitar.

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A waste of money for buying that mini.. Nothin new! Still an ipad.. I have an ipad 3 and maybe this will be my last apple device to
Purchase! There are lot of other products now that is more cheaper and has a new and better features than this.. ....

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A waste of money for buying that mini.. Nothin new! Still an ipad.. I have an ipad 3 and maybe this will be my last apple device to
Purchase! There are lot of other products now that is more cheaper and has a new and better features than this.. ....

Huh? A waste for you, maybe, but not for those who need or want a smaller device using the same ecosystem.

I may not purchase one due to upcoming Nexus announcements but it certainly wouldn't be a waste for me if I did. I have an iPad 3 and I'm only a tad disappointed that it has been replaced in only 6 months.

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh? A waste for you, maybe, but not for those who need or want a smaller device using the same ecosystem.

I may not purchase one due to upcoming Nexus announcements but it certainly wouldn't be a waste for me if I did. I have an iPad 3 and I'm only a tad disappointed that it has been replaced in only 6 months.

So what?.. It's my own opinion!

Most reactions