What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am hoping Apple releases the iPod Maxi. It will be a 7-inch iPod. That way I will not need to wait for the iPad mini, so everyone gets what they want and Apple saves all that money because they do not need to develop the iPad Mini.

When the iPhone Note arrives, the screen will be nice, I'll bet.

OP
iJamesH

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So we might have the mini pad, the iPad for "regular" days when you just do not have a heavy use and if they offer a larger iPad and call it a Maxi iPad, I can finally walk down isle 6B without shame.

HAHAHAHAHA with wings to boot!

OP
iJamesH

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am hoping Apple releases the iPod Maxi. It will be a 7-inch iPod. That way I will not need to wait for the iPad mini, so everyone gets what they want and Apple saves all that money because they do not need to develop the iPad Mini.

When the iPhone Note arrives, the screen will be nice, I'll bet.

I'm still waiting for the iPad Fire HD!

JesterSevens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really sure of the point of owning the mini if you've already got the iPad? I'll stick to my iPad 3.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not really sure of the point of owning the mini if you've already got the iPad? I'll stick to my iPad 3.

(Did you read any of the posts in this thread?) Several people in this thread explained why they need a smaller tablet. IMO, it is like saying that you don't see the point of owning a sports car when you've already got a minivan.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 2 to make it more convenient to do my job.

I've only had one clearcut experience in almost a year and a half when carrying it was a necessity but a major inconvenience because of its size and that situation had nothing to do with work, so I don't see myself getting a mini as I'd once thought.

cliff5550

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am among those hoping for an iPad mini. I had the Kindle Fire and loved the size but didn't care for the limited android apps they allowed. My wife has an iPad 2 so I figured that was the way I should go next. While I liked having more apps available, I absolutely hated the size of the thing and sold it after about 3 months. An iPad mini would be perfect for me. I already know I like the size of a small tablet over the larger one, and I would have the apps I got use to using on the iPad. If Apple does not release an iPad mini, I believe my choice will have to be the Nexus 7.
I have the iPod Touch but being 62 my eyesight could use a bit larger screen. We do not have an iPhone in the house because, like many, we don't care to have that monthly bill. Bring me the iPad mini!

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the Kindle Fire and loved the size but didn't care for the limited android apps they allowed.

??
You can't install stuff from the Google marketplace? Talk to me, if the Mini is too expensive, I will be buying the Fire or the Nexus 7.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beryl said:
??
You can't install stuff from the Google marketplace? Talk to me, if the Mini is too expensive, I will be buying the Fire or the Nexus 7.

The only place to buy apps for an upcoming iPad Mini or any other iOS device is the App Store.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I already have an IPAD mini it is called the Iphone 5

Good one! However, that is really the iPad Mini Squared. :)

I'm thinking now, that if they do offer a mini, I might get it. Sony just dropped out of the Android tablet market. I'm fearful for Android these days. The Google Nexus 7 is a nice tablet, so I gets I can get my Android fix there.

I do really enjoy my iPad 3, but when you put it inside a case, it gets heavy. I use it everyday, most so at work, too. My 4S is great when I have no other options. But if the mini is as light as the Nexus 7, it will become my second screen.

But we really need to face facts, it will not be a $200 device. It can't be. The new iPod Touch is $299, so no way the Mini (or Air) will cost less than that. Best bet is $350. I just hope they smarten up and throw in something like a GPS chip or something a little extra so people can deal with the price hit.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm thinking now, that if they do offer a mini, I might get it. Sony just dropped out of the Android tablet market. I'm fearful for Android these days. The Google Nexus 7 is a nice tablet, so I gets I can get my Android fix there.
Is there a thread here that compares the Nexus with other tablets -- including the iPad? I am itching to get some kind of Android device.
I do really enjoy my iPad 3, but when you put it inside a case, it gets heavy. I use it everyday, most so at work, too. My 4S is great when I have no other options. But if the mini is as light as the Nexus 7, it will become my second screen.
I'm the same way. I use my iPad all day every day but it is too big and heavy to carry with me on errands and short meetings. My 4S is good in a pinch but too small for reading in the doctor's office and in church.
The new iPod Touch is $299, so no way the Mini (or Air) will cost less than that. Best bet is $350. I just hope they smarten up and throw in something like a GPS chip or something a little extra so people can deal with the price hit.
I can hope and I agree with the GPS chip. I really hope the entry model comes in under $300 because I don't need much storage on the smaller gadgets with so much media accessible in Clouds. Surprisingly, I'm doing fine with a 16 GB 4S and a 8 GB iPod Touch.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a heavy user of the Ipad. I've put together apps and combo of apps that allow me to use the Ipad for almost everything from the usual reading, surfing, viewing to viewing and amending docs and xls, processing of jpegs in a number of photo apps, creating my own PDFs or amending and annotating PDFs from web sites, etc. I'd love the size of the mini for carrying with me every day I think but for most everything else the larger size is the better for me. I only use my PC now for PHotoshop/Lightroom and processing raw files from my cameras. Also a bit of xls creation, but for everything else, I've pretty much found a solution. Also--I read a number of photography forums and I think they would be very 'tight' on the mini. Size would be the only determining reason I might like it, but I carry it in a Rickshaw Ipad bag or I have handbags chosen for adding an Ipad. Several of my camera bags also have Ipad sections. I've adjusted LOL. Sure WAY better than a laptop to haul around and I almost don't notice it now but a smaller one as a 'second' would be nice. I can remember using my Touch like this but just couldn't really use it efficiently at that small size. Mini--mid size---would be a good carry around.

So--unless I come into some extra money LOL, I'll stick with the Ipad 3. We are discussing if the mini might be the right size/price to replace my husband's Ipad 1. He uses it much differently than I do--email, viewing photos (including photostream from his IPhone), websurfing. Neither of us views movies except very very occasionally--generally use Apple TV for that.

So--guess its a no for me, possible for my husband.

Last edited:

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have an iPad2 and iPad(3) and our family now has (4) iPhone5s. My wife and daughter also have a Kindle DXs for reading books. So, we seem to have enough screens to go around. If Apple would make it easier to "share" devices, then I think we would get an iPad Mini. But at the moment each iOS device is quite personal, with applications, settings and email assigned to a specific individual. I'd like to see iOS and iCloud offer better multi-user sharing. Then we could really take the device that suits that particular need for the day (battery life, screen size, weight). As it stands now, we each have our own phone and then the iPads have mostly my stuff on them and I need to reconfigure it a bit to let my daughters take one for awhile.

Samsung seems to be the biggest promoter of multiple screen sizes. At some point, there will be too many screen sizes and resolutions to support, but from the leaked iPad mini specs, it seems to be a logical in between screen size from a full size iPad to an iPhone retina display. So a 7.85" mini screen priced under an iPad2 and smaller seems to be logical device given the competition (Sammy, Kindle, Nook) and will enable one to share their iBooks and iTunes content between devices on the same ecosystem.

So, yes, I'm in favor it a smaller iPad and we will likely get one, which may displace some use of our Kindles. We just would like to see better multi-user sharing options in iOS to make it easier for multi-device families.

Most reactions

Latest posts