What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has tried AirPlay Mirroring?

larla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one has mentioned apps like HboGo -- do these apps allow mirroring to the TV via AppleTV?

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
larla said:
No one has mentioned apps like HboGo -- do these apps allow mirroring to the TV via AppleTV?

You can "mirror" anything, that means you can open hbogo on your iPad, and mirror the whole screen to your tv. I have found though when doing this with bbc iplayer there is a little lag, and the video is not over the whole tv screen, but it is watchable. If the hbogo app supports AirPlay, then that would give for sure great quality, but if it's anything like the bbc iplayer then there is no AirPlay support and the only possibility is direct mirroring as I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

larla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In particular, during early versions of iOS 5, there were problems with HboGo not working in the mirror mode. The rationale was that that app (or Apple TV) was blocking it specifically since it was defined as a mobile app and they didn't want that functionality (select any episode of any series ever shown on HBO) available on a TV. I just wondered if that was really true or it just wasn't working because it was an early version of iOS 5.

Most reactions

Latest posts