What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who else wishes for this little fix?

SuperC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using my 3G and love it. I just wish that the safari web browsing controls were on the bottom instead of the top. I feel it would be better on this device while jolting it in portrait mode.
Thoughts?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about when you need to type on the iPad? It may work, or it may not.

OP
S

SuperC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How often are you typing and surfing at the exact same time. :)

I mean, are you going to be typing and hitting your bookmarks, or back at the exact same time as typing? I don't think so, so why not have the option to put the bar on the bottom where it is in better reach of your fingers while holding it? When you need to type the keyboard can still pop out from the bottom when you need it.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see how that would help at all. Maybe a full screen toggle.

OP
S

SuperC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you hold an Ipad? Down at them bottom right? safari controls should be at the bottom too. just so you do not need to keep adjusting your grip. That's all I'm saying.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you hold an Ipad? Down at them bottom right? safari controls should be at the bottom too. just so you do not need to keep adjusting your grip. That's all I'm saying.

That's not how I hold it. I either grip it on either side almost center or I palm the back with one hand and control with the other...can't say I've ever held it from the bottom...seems like it would be uncomfortable with the counterbalance pulling it down.

Thinking about it now when I hold it two handed my thumbs are at the top of the screen...lol

Last edited:

didisinned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I honestly was just thinking of the same thing except instead of the cntrols being on the bottom like you suggested I was hoping there was some way to swap the google search bar with the controls so that it'd be on the right top side.

Of course this is due to me being right handed..

Maybe something will be offered if one decides to jailbreak..hm

OP
S

SuperC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try that. The iPhone has the Safari controls on the bottom.

Most reactions