What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White screen in App Store

spike13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just got my new iPad 3. When I go into App Store, in the Categories page, can only see a white screen. The categories didn't load. Anyone has any advice?

L

Lunar

Hi, I just got my new iPad 3. When I go into App Store, in the Categories page, can only see a white screen. The categories didn't load. Anyone has any advice?

Assuming it's not a online problem with the Apple store itself, which one can check by going into the store from your PC's iTunes, it may be worth trying a soft reset by holding down the on/off switch and the home button at the same time until it goes blank and release when the Apple icon in the centre appear on the boot screen... seems to fix 99% of wierd issues..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

spike13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that, didn't work. Realized that the Top Charts page is also blank. Tried App Store on my other iPad, able to see everything, so it's not a problem with the store, just my iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a live internet connection?Without an Internet connection,you won't be able to access the app store.

OP
S

spike13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi signal: checked. Still no.... Everything else is working fine, just white screen for these 2 particular pages

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When all else fails give it a good reboot by pressing and holding both the home button and the power button while the iPad is on. You press and hold both buttons and keep holding them until the Apple appears. The slider will appear asking if you want to shut down, keep holding, the iPad will shut off, keep holding, finally the start up apple will appear and you can let both buttons go.

backudog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When all else fails give it a good reboot by pressing and holding both the home button and the power button while the iPad is on. You press and hold both buttons and keep holding them until the Apple appears. The slider will appear asking if you want to shut down, keep holding, the iPad will shut off, keep holding, finally the start up apple will appear and you can let both buttons go.

Thats handy to know. I was not aware you could do that. ta!

L

Lunar

Thats handy to know. I was not aware you could do that. ta!

Yes.. fixes 99% issues, though should only be necessary very rarely, otherwise it can be a re-install, and in this case that seems drastic just for one app, hopefully the reboot will have fixed it for him.

Also, in case your not aware, double tapping the Home button will bring up a row of all the recently run apps across the bottom, it's prudent from time to time to bring them up, and hold one down until they start to shake, and delete them all. It helps to make the system more stable stops stuff running un-necessarily in the background, and saves memory too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I only do this type of a non-destructive reset when my iPad is acting weird and a simple shut down and restart doesn't seem to help. Oh and as for double tapping the home button to pull up the recent apps list I hope everyone is aware of gestures by now. Can sure save a lot of presses on the home button. I use gestures to leave apps as well.

Most reactions