What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

white or black?

fitcious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what color would you choose for the ipad2? why? the only reason i would get white is that it shows less fingerprints.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White seems to be selling better because iPad 1 only offered black. Don't think it really matters in the long run.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spink10 said:
White seems to be selling better because iPad 1 only offered black. Don't think it really matters in the long run.

I like the colour White with all the different smart cover colours but I would probably go for black again as I watch films and I like the surround to be black as well.

IvanLasston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with white to be different from the iPad 1 - which my wife owns. Just made it easier to distinguish between the two. It really isn't that distracting even when watching movies - IMHO. Besides if you get bored with either just get a skin and cover it over.
Skins for iPad 2 | GelaSkins

Richard_Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opted for black, it helps me when I view movies to not have a white border.

Although my colleague opted for white to show the world she has a version 2, lol.

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with black for better contrast when playing video. My buddy, a retired Sr Sony VP, told me the consumer TV figured that out a long time ago. Good enough for me. That said, the white looks cool.

rdclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a white one, but I wish I'd gotten black. The fingerprint issue is true, but most of the screen is still the same as any iPad and shows prints just as easily.

The contrast issue is also true and I think is a stronger argument for black.

But mostly the white makes it dead obvious that it's a "2," and when I use it in public I get paranoid that I'll be targeted. These things are very desirable. Black could still be a "1" to the casual observer.

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rdclark,

You are paranoid about something that retails for five hundred dollars?

Last edited by a moderator:

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my first iPad was black and loved it but I took it back to best buy a few days ago because of light leaking problem they only had white so I took it this one is going back to the lighting leak is worst on this one and I really like the black better .so now I have one coming from apple in black next week. to me the black just looks better .

rdclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RickyBobby said:
rdclark,

You are paranoid about something that retails for five hundred dollars?

It's a 64GB 3G, but whatever. You might be paranoid too if you spent as much time in Center City Philadelphia as I do.

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harley man said:
my first iPad was black and loved it but I took it back to best buy a few days ago because of light leaking problem they only had white so I took it this one is going back to the lighting leak is worst on this one and I really like the black better .so now I have one coming from apple in black next week. to me the black just looks better .

What is the "light leaking problem" that I keep reading about? Can anyone shed any "light" on the subject for me? Sorry for the bad pun. :/

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cincybearcatfan said:
What is the "light leaking problem" that I keep reading about? Can anyone shed any "light" on the subject for me? Sorry for the bad pun. :/

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

If you turn your brightness up to full volume and go to a page or photo that is all black or dark, some iPads have light shades at the edges.

Most users will never notice it, however apple do replace light leakages if it causes annoyance.

Most reactions