What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White or black?

White or black?

• Total voters

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
madhatter61 said:
Many think White or whatever is fashionable ... perhaps it is.

Look at the framing around TV's and computer monitors ... ever seen white?

Black actually provides better contrast when viewing the screen.

Mine will always be black for that reason.

I lol'd. :)

SDM44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the white, mainly because it flows better with the aluminum back cover. But then most of us will get some type of protective cover over it, like those peel & stick ones so you can pretty much use any color you want and then just decide on the front bezel color.

What I'm wondering is if Apple will pull a move at the last minute like they did with the iPhone 4's, where the white version won't be available "for awhile."

Reaction score
SDM44 said:
What I'm wondering is if Apple will pull a move at the last minute like they did with the iPhone 4's, where the white version won't be available "for awhile."

That will probably not happen, as Apple just confirmed the white version 1 1/2 weeks before launch and since no one was expecting a white version, I doubt that they would have taken the risk to announce it, if it was not certain that they will be delivered.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That will probably not happen, as Apple just confirmed the white version 1 1/2 weeks before launch and since no one was expecting a white version, I doubt that they would have taken the risk to announce it, if it was not certain that they will be delivered.
Yup - Steve specifically stated white will be available day and date with the black model. Though I hear some outlets (Best Buy, Target) may not initally carry the white model.

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill be getting the white just to switch things up a bit...i like the black but figured ill make it interracial.

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As planned, I got white, I find it very bright, and pretty, and could not be happier. It looks great when reading books and PDFs and web pages. Also, the fresh very "apple" look makes me smile each time I pick it up.

I made the right choice, fir my needs given that I read more than I watch movies or look at photos. ( I don't have any movies on either of our iPads... Were just not movie people.)

The only thing I don't like about this iPad is the crappyness of the camera. I was warned.. But I had no idea it could be THIS bad... Worse than that keychan digital camera I had back in 2002... And it cost, $19...

Susan

Most reactions