What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why WHITE?

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved a 32Gig black wifi ipad 2 at Best Buy a month ago. Today I went to 4 Best Buy stores in eastern Virginia. 3 had white ones available but no black. I was told they have not received ANY in black. Because white is more popular? Or because black is in demand and in short supply? Any stats on which is more popular?

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Once a cover is added most iPads won't have enough white or black showing to matter.

OP
droid2mac

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True, but I'm going to use a back cover and screen protector so the sides will show. Was really wondering which color is in greater demand since Best Buy seem to get only white.

gma99611

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't like all the fingerprints on my black iPhone, so figured a much bigger iPad would be that much more messy. Hence, I ordered the white.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't have a choice on launch date. They only have 16GB Wifi White so I said yes to white. I'm loving it anyway. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Iamdcfierce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the white one and I see a lot of people on the train with the white one I have not seen anyone with the black ipad2

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went with white because smudges and prints don't pop like they do on black.

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I won't be keeping my iPad in any type of case, other than using the smart cover, thought white would look nicer.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered white because I have a black iPhone and I wanted a change of scenery. As mentioned, white does look sexier however.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went for black because it looks so much nicer. It also really sets off the glossy screen. But black is hard to find because they sell out so fast.

Kirwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I knew the white iPad 2 was for me after seeing all of the nasty, smudged-up, drool riddled black iPads at the local Apple store.:eek: The white frame iPads appeared to look cleaner (even though I knew better). I also observed that the white frame seemed to hide reflections better than the black frame iPad 2.

And... I just plain like the look of the white iPad 2. :D

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm tempted to say "I'm a BMF!" but in reality, I read alot and use a white page background. White blends amazingly. Hides finger prints too!

Most reactions

Latest posts