What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which screen protector that doesn't result in a grainy screen

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've bought two screen protectors now that are supposedly anti-glare and both have resulted in a grainy looking screen that's harder to read.

Any recommendations?

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NuShield Dayvue. No grain. But not fingerprint resistant.

OP
O

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any anti-glare screen protector is going to dim the screen and it wont be as bright, thats how they work.

I appreciate that, however I wasn't expecting the multicoloured grainy speckled effect on the whites which makes smaller text very hard to read.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any anti-glare screen protector is going to dim the screen and it wont be as bright, thats how they work.

I appreciate that, however I wasn't expecting the multicoloured grainy speckled effect on the whites which makes smaller text very hard to read.

My screen is at 33%. BTW if you feel it dims the screen, increase your screen brightness. Isn't that kind of obvious.

dirtydan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speck Shieldview 2 pack anti-glare Matte. This went on easy and I can see no grainy effect. It cleans real easy.
-Dan-

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a zagg shield I have a discount code for 30 or 40 percent off on there website. It's crystal clear protect from scratches in my opinion the best! All I own that can have a zag shield does! And you can't beat the lifetime warranty.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Zagg Invisashield.

This is a fantastic product. It is very easy to install (follow the directions explicitly) and it cleans up really well. It has also made my screen less prone to glare. It comes with a microfiber cleaning cloth that I use everyday.

nushieldguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you plan to use your iPad outside then you should put the NuShield DayVue on it. This is an antireflective film that absorbs sun glare and allows you to read the screen. Take a look at the difference in screen visibility: Nushield

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I use an antiglare screen from Brando, and the speckling/blurring is barely discernable in day-to-day use. I still adjust it for different circumstances, e.g. reading outdoors in semi-direct sunlight vs reading in bed in near-darkness, but I haven't had to dial the brightness up since putting the screen in.

Most reactions

Latest posts