What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which app to sketch or annotate on top of image?

abdu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to annotate on top of screen captures I take on my PC. Which iPad app enablew me to annotate on top on an image and save back everything to the image?

SketchPad Pro? Adobe Ideas? others?

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to annotate on top of screen captures I take on my PC. Which iPad app enablew me to annotate on top on an image and save back everything to the image?
SketchPad Pro? Adobe Ideas? others?

I saw a thread yesterday from EmilyJane918...

She said:
Photogene is the ultimate editing tool for your iPhone photos. It allows you to:
1 Enhance photos with multiple color adjustment options and a sharpen filter.
2 Crop and straighten.
3 Add fun effects like text, text balloons, frames or special filters.

It will allow the notations you want, with or without text boxes/balloons.
and also allows you to quick rotations and resizes.

I am slow to pay for an app, and this one was $3.99,
But I went and snapped it up right away.

Some of the other photo/art apps are OK if you spend the time to learn them / or are going to do art from step 1 to the end.

But this one does what I more often want to do.
Quick easy manipulations/resizes/rotations/annotations.
I am going to use it a lot. I don't need to do full-fledged art creation.

x01001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called Pixitag. The iPhone app to annotate on top of image. I recently tried this and it's pretty cool. There are not too many similar apps. You can change fonts, text size and color. It should work for iPad too. Google PixiTag or go to iTunes to find it.

Hope it helps.

appsmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsmonkey.com
Some of those are iPhone apps...For the iPad, I think you probably want SketchBook Pro, not SketchPad... You can import your photos, edit them, and then save the edited photo directly to your photo library (or email or share on Twitter/Facebook/Flickr etc).

FYI, don't use any of the note-taking apps to do this, because when your photo is imported, it gets embedded into a note, which means when you try to export the photo, it will be converted into a pdf or html file.

x01001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not try too many apps but carefully chose one instead (PixiTag). I have both iPad and iPhone and it works well on all. The coolest thing (what I wanted originally) is that the resulting image with annotation is saved in original quality when many apps make it small and quality gets lost.
PixiTag also sends images to Facebook, TwitPic, Photo Album, and email.

OperatorX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest release of Note Taker HD will now support notes, drawing on top of pdf forms. Both Portrait and now landscape. It works well and has helped me elimiate most of my paper form completion.

RenderPlus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.renderplus.com
Cirrus from Archon Apps is a new App for filling outforms, adding images, and marking up the images with highlihts, arrows and notes.

Then you save it all together into a PDF file. Give it a try.

AdamDelta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used Cirrus by Archon Appsfor custom ipad forms?has anyone used Cirrus by Archon Appsfor custom ipad forms?

Most reactions