What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Reader question - Sync with Dropbox

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those who remember my previous questions, I am trying to set up a sync between Dropbox and any pdf annotating app that will enable me to annotate pdfs on iPad and later to sync with Dropbox. Good Reader can do it (first download pdfs in the app, annotate them and upload back to Dropbox).

Now the question is, I am trying to delete a trial sync that I set up, to confirm that it indeed works. I am unable to delete it, instead I get following messages. In first message, it suggests me to delete synchronization record under 'web downloads' but there is no such record under web downloads.

Any idea how to work with this?

IMG_0001.PNGIMG_0002.PNG

Bonus question,
The annotations made in Good Reader are visible on laptop but adobe reader that opens pdfs by default in iPad Dropbox app doesn't show any annotations. Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you swipe to the left? Then press delete?

Did you save the file correctly? You may need to flatten it....

The Goodreader folks are very responsive to email question, IME.

OP
F

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you swipe to the left? Then press delete?

Did you save the file correctly? You may need to flatten it....

The Goodreader folks are very responsive to email question, IME.
If I swipe the Temp folder (the one I am trying to delete) to the left, I get same error.

What do you mean by save correctly? I don't find any option to 'save' the file, except after I make annotation. And as I said, the annotations are visible on laptop but not in iPad Dropbox.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you want to break the sync, so you swipe the one on the right, under remote sync.

What iPad Dropbox does in terms of viewing annotations is another matter. Since annotations are in the PDF, then it is a view problem after this. I rarely use the iPad Dropbox app anymore since I use GoodReader.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have any ideas on the first problem, but may be able to play with it latter.

The PDF view in DropBox is based on the QuickLook technology built into iOS. It's not meant to be a full, functional view of the document, only a way of making sure you're looking at the right one. As such, files may not appear identical to the way they do when opened in an app, including the display of extras like annotations.

If you don't care if the annotations remain editable, you can flatten the PDF when saving or exporting it. This turns your annotations into part of the image, and it should display in pretty much any app, including those using QuickLook for viewing.

Most reactions

Latest posts