What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to go if you are NOT pre-ordering

amicone1987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I decided to hold off on preordering because of my pay check on launch which is the 16th, I have a huge Apple store here(Peabody Mass) and I was wondering what are my chances of getting a 16gb wifi ipad without preorder, in you're previous experience with the other ipad launches are they tough to locate?.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I decided to hold off on preordering because of my pay check on launch which is the 16th, I have a huge Apple store here(Peabody Mass) and I was wondering what are my chances of getting a 16gb wifi ipad without preorder, in you're previous experience with the other ipad launches are they tough to locate?.

From what I understand (I've never been to a physical Apple launch), it's not finding the launch - its getting to the store early enough to get a good place in line to get the iPad you want (or any iPad, for that matter).

So, my understanding? Arrive very, VERY early!

Marilyn

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
amicone1987 said:

I've heard that people camp as early as closing time the day before. You just never know how many people will camp out and at what time. You also have to contend with the fact that the stores get a limited number of iPads so if you're too far back in the line you may be out of luck no matter how long you waited.

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This camp out infront of the store has become a popular thing for the kids. It's A LOT of agrivation if all you want is the new iPad and not the experience.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
iPad stores will have MUCH more quantities then other stores like Bestbuy.

Also, stores that normally sell more on a regular basis or is a higher traffic store would get more units.

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I snagged my iPad last year from Best Buy the day after launch....it was all luck of the draw...they weren't doing pre-orders and would get intermittent shipments throughout the days/weeks following launch....

If you happened by when the trucks unloaded you would standa chance of getting lucky and snagging one...

OP
A

amicone1987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to wait and go to Apple before it opens, I'm curious, now I guess more people are eyeing the 4g models and not the WIFI only, I always thought people wanted the WIFI the most.

Most reactions

Latest posts