What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did my icon go!?

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Icon missing from the desktop.if I search ,I can find and load it.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't want to state the obvious, but have you tried swiping left and right? There are more pages for apps than one.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have jailbroken your ipad and setup something like SBSettings Dock it will remove the icons from your desktop and put them in the dock. Otherwise I would try a reset.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have jailbroken your ipad and setup something like SBSettings Dock it will remove the icons from your desktop and put them in the dock. Otherwise I would try a reset.
Yep.it was being hidden in sbsettings

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This issue has long been resolved.

mario48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have same problem, but no jailbreak, normal iPad2.

I have app Eesti Ekspress (Estonian magazine), it works fully, if I find it in Search, but icon is lost. In apps list (Settings) app is also listed. I can't Install it again , because it shows gray INSTALLED botton in Store.
Where I can find /regenerate icon?
And yes, I looked carefully every my page and subfolder, it's really lost!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How many apps do you have installed on the iPad? If you have more installed than can be displayed on a page (20 per page), the app will be on the iPad but it cannot be displayed.

So, try putting some of your apps that you can see into folders to free up space. Then, see if that helps to make that app you're "missing" show up on a page.

That's the only thing I can think of. Let us know if this helped.

Marilyn

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mario48 said:
Hi. I have same problem, but no jailbreak, normal iPad2.

I have app Eesti Ekspress (Estonian magazine), it works fully, if I find it in Search, but icon is lost. In apps list (Settings) app is also listed. I can't Install it again , because it shows gray INSTALLED botton in Store.
Where I can find /regenerate icon?
And yes, I looked carefully every my page and subfolder, it's really lost!

This is probably a very silly question, but did you check the newsstand folder to see if it was in there? As a magazine app it could very well there and easily overlooked :)

Most reactions

Latest posts