What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

when traveling do you want the ipad or laptop

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok here is a simple question for those who travel alot

1-take the ipad and leave the laptop or desktop behind for your basic everyday computer fuctions when traveling

2-take the laptop and leave the ipad behind for your basic eveyday computer fuctions when traveling

so do you take ipad or the laptop as your primary electronic device when you travel

i have a gentlemen wage with a friend when we where talking about the future of tablets for personal use .i belive lightwieght ipad style tablets are the next step of personal computing ..he seams to think that laptops are allways going to be around ..

Last edited:

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going to the UK this holiday season and really looking forward to not taking the massive i5....lol

-alan-

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take the iPad

All I want is the ability to (1) read/send email (2) Stay updated with news which can be handled by web or apps (3) watch a previously downloaded movie while on a flight and, if a pleasure trip, (4) review daily vacation photos. iPad perfect for all 4

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that is the gentlemens bet that the ipad can do all the basic fuctions a person would take a laptop for on travel.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my iPad and use Splashtop Remote to get into my desktop at home and have the best of both worlds ;)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also take the iPad, leave the laptop at home on the network. I use iTeleport to log in and send myself stuff if I've forgotten anything.

Omanlive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is excellent when traveling but
I went to UK and bought O2 micro sim where I was forced to connect to a computer with iTunes to activate the data service

V strange from O2 company

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for me, I've found I can take the iPad places where I normally wouldn't take the laptop...places like Church, the airport, Dr.'s offices etc...so I can read in Kindle for ipad, connect to the the local free wi-fi network etc...on the other hand there are probably some things you need a laptop for...heavy duty business use of MS Office etc...if I were going overseas I'd probably want both device types, for use in both situations.

Most reactions

Latest posts