What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

when i get my new iPad 4(or 5)

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I will probably get a new iPad by the end of this month rather than wait for the iPad 5 to come out now that a co-worker wants my iPad 1. Do i just have to connect the new device to my computer to put all of my apps that are on my old iPad to the new one? i don't plan on giving up the old one till I have my new one. All the info i see just says how to start up a new iPad not haw to "transfer" data and apps - i assume it is all through iTunes. I wanted to wait for the new announcement since that will cause previous models to go down in price but i see how much faster Hubby's iPad 4 is and have iPad envy now.
If there is a link to a tutorial let me know

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think all you have to do is first back up your existing ipad to your computer then connect your new one and when the prompt "restore from existing backup?" appears, click to accept this and it will put all your stuff on the new one.

Most reactions