What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do you think a new iPad will come out?

loudaccord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obviously since it wasn't announced with the new lineup, it might be a while. But... when do you think, and what will be added?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My guess is, based on the recent keynote. October 2011 we will see a new line of iPads (maybe macpad? to replace macbook) in different sizes with the new Lion OS installed on it (since it is totally geared towards touch!) The iOS version may stick around, but honestly I think the goal is to get a full OS laptop replacement.....

I would be all about a 13" or even 15" iPad with Lion on it!!

Dolan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the 2nd gen iPad will be coming out next summer maybe.. hopefully with a camera since all the iPods and touches have them.. and a large screen and capacity as SSDs are getting cheaper every year.

EODtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May 2011 is the best estimate, based on it's 2010 release date. With Lion scheduled for the same Spring 2011 time frame!

Last edited:

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May 2011 is the best estimate, based on it's 2010 release date.

Yep, Apple is about consistency. Once they announce a product line at a certain time of year they stick to that annual schedule. Any sooner and they cannibalize sales, later and people lose interest.

The next iPad will release in Spring 2011. It will have small enhancements over the current model, more memory and a camera. Given what AT&T have said about 3G activations, I think Apple may also add a GPS enabled WiFi version.

In 2012 we may see more features, in spring again. It's the Apple way.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May 2011 is the best estimate, based on it's 2010 release date.

Yep, Apple is about consistency. Once they announce a product line at a certain time of year they stick to that annual schedule. Any sooner and they cannibalize sales, later and people lose interest.

The next iPad will release in Spring 2011. It will have small enhancements over the current model, more memory and a camera. Given what AT&T have said about 3G activations, I think Apple may also add a GPS enabled WiFi version.

In 2012 we may see more features, in spring again. It's the Apple way.

I still say look out the be MacPad with Lions release!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like very much what I saw of Lion but I doubt they will putting that on an iOS device any time soon.
Could see iOS moving to the desktop rather than the other way round.

btw the magic trackpad is awesome. Has taken me four days to get my head round it but it's the next best thing to tapping the iPad screen.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like very much what I saw of Lion but I doubt they will putting that on an iOS device any time soon.
Could see iOS moving to the desktop rather than the other way round.

btw the magic trackpad is awesome. Has taken me four days to get my head round it but it's the next best thing to tapping the iPad screen.

Ios won't move to desktops because lion has it inside it, that's the point. And why wouldn't they put lion on an iPad, it looks to me like that was the intention all along and ios is a placeholder for the real deal.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ios won't move to desktops because lion has it inside it, that's the point. And why wouldn't they put lion on an iPad, it looks to me like that was the intention all along and ios is a placeholder for the real deal.

You don't understand how Jobs thinks. He has said the Mac OS will not get touch screen, period. He won't cannibalize Mac sales with a tablet running a Mac OS.

Most reactions