What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your feeling on the Smart Cover, like it or not???

MuktownPat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I wasn't sure about it but after a few days I've grown to really like mine!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MikeVB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's pretty darn ingenious myself. Here's the quick pros and cos, but I'm switching it up:

Cons:
Sometimes the pad slips around on it's hinges when I'm holding it fully opened "pinned" to the back.
Pros:
It's thin and unobtrusive!

It uses it's own physical make-up/attributes (the 4 folding panels) to make two separate and autonomous stands (flat for typing and upright for movie panel mode)!!

It turns the Ipad ON automatically and instantaneously when you open it!!! How cool is that?!

I bought the leather variety; it's totally worth what I paid for it. :)

But I do have to ask. When I DO have it on (I'll call it) "standby" instead of turned completely off -- and BTW, I CAN even hear Yahoo email messages coming in -- does it eat up more batter power than from a complete turn off/shutdown? I figure it must. If so, to what extent?

Last edited:

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man this appears to be a hot topic. I'm very happy with my leather smart cover.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
I enjoy using the brown leather cover and am glad to have spend the extra money for a more neutral colored case.

The main problem is when putting the cover on quickly, the cover clings to the top of the screen bezel, rather than the side.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the Smart Cover. Fast to open & close, and folds behind while using the iPad and magnetically stays there. I'm going to add a Bodyguardz to just the back of the iPad 2 for when it's just laying around.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it. The only problem I have with it is I like to do a lot of things in portrait mode. I've been using a wire display stand for a ceramic plate. No biggie though.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

Dumacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to be one of those love/hate relationships. It does as described, protect the front (with a very ingenious attachment mechanism) from unexpected scuffs and scratches. It easily folds back to provide a fair handle for reading or a stand for quickly typing a high priority message.

... Selling it

Bought the Targus Versavu 360 which protects, serves and is very upstanding <g>
take a look at it before you decide...

Last edited:

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am waiting for the Speck Pixelskin HD. Looks like a decent option. I hate this waiting.

Most reactions

Latest posts