What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite carry bag for the iPad and stuff?

mastery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using my iPad 2 a lot at work, and putting it, the power cable, some files and such into a big backpack isn't working for me. What's everybody using that will carry the iPad, power cable, a stylus or two, and some papers that isn't bulky, doesn't look like a purse (nothing against purses, but as a male, I prefer to prevent ribbing from co-workers), and is functional?

I've been looking at different items for the past couple of hours, but nothing pops out at me yet. Prefer to keep cost under $40 if possible. Thoughts, recommendations? Thanks!

ingheanrae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although not a male, I would recommend the Tucano Work Out bag. Mine's a fetching shade of purple just like the iPF colour scheme but they also do more manly colours like...er.....black. It's nicely padded and has a full length storage pocket that will take a bluetooth keyboard as well as plenty of room for charger and you could squeeze a small document in there if needed.

I also quite liked the vertical version and that might be more masculine (although they do the bag in a nice fuscia).

http://bit.ly/ssFDs9

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this one ScanFast Ultra Portable / Netbook Messenger Bag - TSA Approved / Compliant - Airport Security Checkpoint Friendly | Mobile Edge They don't show the second zipper compartment opned but that's where the ipad goes. I have a Griffin survivor case on my ipad and it fits in there perfectly. Here are 2 pics I took with my phone, sorry about the quality.
1.JPG

2.JPG

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using my iPad 2 a lot at work, and putting it, the power cable, some files and such into a big backpack isn't working for me. What's everybody using that will carry the iPad, power cable, a stylus or two, and some papers that isn't bulky, doesn't look like a purse (nothing against purses, but as a male, I prefer to prevent ribbing from co-workers), and is functional?

I've been looking at different items for the past couple of hours, but nothing pops out at me yet. Prefer to keep cost under $40 if possible. Thoughts, recommendations? Thanks!

I went back to a Swiss Gear Netbook bag to carry the ipad2 and it accessories around in a daypack .Since i'm traveling for work i just drop into the backpack i use for carrying my cloth's and other items back and forth to work in the remote area's and it work like a champ for it basic use of carrying the ipad2 around

joescoop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, one of my favorite bag is Briggs & Riley Verb Computer Back Pack which I use for my i-pad and macbook. This bag is light-weight, water repellant and also has tech sections with two elastic pockets for cables/cords, slip pocket and two flap pockets which is padded comes with ergonomically contoured backpack straps with thumb rest loops. It helps me to keep all my extra accessories along with my gadgets which makes my traveling easy and would recommend the same.

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Lacoste Camera Bag, it holds my iPad 2 quite nicely even if I have my dslr and a few othe accessories with me. Most of the time though its the iPad 2 and my MacBook Air along with some paperwork that's inside.

lacoste_camera_bag.jpg

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't want to bring down the tone of this thread, but I use what I call my "flush bag." It is one I resurrected from somewhere in the house where it had been tossed. It advertizes low flush toilets, recycling, and other eco-concious things. Wrinkled and a little soiled.

My reason? When I leave my iPad, my nook reader, styli, etc in the car they are in my flush bag. I doubt if any theif would be tempted!

On the other hand, one might break into your car only to rip off some of the gorgeous totes I've seen here!

OP
M

mastery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input and ideas. Ended up going with el cheapo Case Logic bag for $19 off Amazon that has hundreds of great reviews. Works fine, gray and black in color, fits everything I need in there, and has protecion. I won't make heads turn carrying it around (in envy or disgust), and it's cheap enough to work for me until I find something more permanent.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a customized Timbuk2 messenger, and they offer bags in a number of designs and sizes to fit individual needs. They're not cheap, but they are great products to own and use (and deceptively hold a lot more than you think.)

cf. Timbuk2 Messenger Bag

SUM42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cool! i also wane one that can cover all the ipod iphone and ipad...

Most reactions

Latest posts