What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's up?

Samurai26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals,

My name is Sam and I just recently won an iPad at a raffle, and I stupidly updated to 4.2.1 because I did not know it would affect my chances of jail breaking!

Basically I have one burning question:

Will I ever be able to jailbreak my iPad without the SHSH blobs from 4.1, which I didn't even think about saving?

I'm assuming this answer is probably yes because don't all new iPhone 4's come with the latest version of iOS, therefore making them unable to have the SHSH file necessary to jailbreak?

-Sam

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello , i guess you are in SG, as i am user from the day one of the iPad in the world … i din’t see any reason for JB in 4.2.1 maybe in 3.2.1 you can JB for multitasking but yet is more hassle than advantage

PS: this is my opinion after JB several iOs device from Nov 2007

OP
S

Samurai26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but what's SG?

And I still prefer being jailbroken just for the control I will have over the device

My question still stands, Will I ever be able to jailbreak 4.2.1 without the SHSH blobs from 4.1?

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So i respect your opinion , but maybe think two time before … do you have better knowledge than the hundreds of software engineer work for Apple and made your OS ??? , are you really sure you will know exactly every effects can have your manipulation in your firmware ?? or you over estimate your self because you press a button 6 times and you broke the security system of your device …

OP
S

Samurai26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I totally know what your talking about!

I like to leave my options open, all I want is to be able to jailbreak my iPad, so I can have the flexibility if I want to go ahead and jailbreak, or if I don't and want to stay stock. Also, I've jailbroken/rooted every device I own, and it's almost a reutine now in a way.

All I want to know is- Will I be able to jailbreak my iPad untethered in the future without the SHSH blobs from 4.1?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I totally know what your talking about!

I like to leave my options open, all I want is to be able to jailbreak my iPad, so I can have the flexibility if I want to go ahead and jailbreak, or if I don't and want to stay stock. Also, I've jailbroken/rooted every device I own, and it's almost a reutine now in a way.

All I want to know is- Will I be able to jailbreak my iPad untethered in the future without the SHSH blobs from 4.1?

I am pretty sure you will can in the coming future you will be able to JB and can do everything you want ….

Most reactions

Latest posts