What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's missing from the iPad

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I know. I was just really impressed with the iPad. It exceeded my expectations.
Not to be nit-picky, but I wish you would make up your mind! From reading all of your other posts, one would think that the iPad fell way short of your expectations.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Muyoso said "I bought the iPad because it was the only tablet solution on the market that was viable for me. I really want a good competent Android tablet"

And in a few months you will have many good Android tablets to choose from :)

And I hope there will be one that is just right for you, I bet there will be.... But, that does not diminish the iPad, or that fact that for many people it is preferred to the Android OS. Because you like Android it does not make you a "Kool-Aid" drinker, nor me because I like the iOS. Just different people, with different expectations and needs. Neither one is right/wrong, good/bad better/worse.... just different.

I like diversity in the marketplace. People should have the choice of what they want to buy. Desktops, Laptops, Netbooks, iPads, Smart phones, Android Tablets, WebOS, WinMo, OSX, Windows...... whatever.... if it works for you, then it is good for you. Just don't insult others because their choices are different than yours....

Oh I know. I was just really impressed with the iPad. It exceeded my expectations. Its so close to being perfect that the remaining flaws are that much more annoying. I was not trying to insult anyone. Hopefully most of what I consider shortcomings will be solved with new apps that people develop.

I have been around long enough to know, there is no "perfect" in this life. In all things we just try to find what fits us best. I bet within a year you have (Android, perhaps?) a device that is closer to what you need/want... :D

I am just thrilled that the little iPad is already pretty darn close for me :)

OP
M

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I know. I was just really impressed with the iPad. It exceeded my expectations.
Not to be nit-picky, but I wish you would make up your mind! From reading all of your other posts, one would think that the iPad fell way short of your expectations.

Read the sentence after what you quoted.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Read the sentence after what you quoted.

Actually I was referring to statements like these:

These are some of the things I have noticed after the last week or so that is wrong with the Apple iPad.

Sadly, Apple intentionally cripples their devices so that you are forced to use iTunes and use their accessories.

The iPad is not a perfect device, and it almost all stems from Apple intentionally crippling it.

Set your brightness to the lowest setting and your wifi is basically useless unless you are standing on the router.

I am not an Apple fanboy like many people you might see on Apple forums. I don't even like the company really at all.

This does not sound like someone talking about a device that exceeded their expectations.

Most reactions