What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you most want to change about your ipad?

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I find that this iPad favours right-handed people and I would change it to ambidextrous ..
Sorry, I meant to days what would you most like to change on your iPad. And I couldn't figure out how to edit that part!

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have deleted your other thread on the same topic, we don't allow duplicates as they fragment discussion. I have also moved this to the General Discussion forum as there isn't a poll, thanks for your understanding.

The Archangel

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know I am so sorry! I erased it but didn't know how to completely delete it! Thank you very much!, Squib

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
squib said:
I know I am so sorry! I erased it but didn't know how to completely delete it! Thank you very much!, Squib

No problem.

As to your discussion.....although I'm right handed, isn't the iPad already "ambidextrous" as you can use it anyway round thereby all the physical buttons can be anywhere that you want them to be! If it's the software controls then that is an issue for the App Devs rather than an issue with the iPad.....that's my 2 cents anyway.

The Archangel

senior ipad user

iPF Noob
Reaction score
squib said:
I find that this iPad favours right-handed people and I would change it to ambidextrous ..
Sorry, I meant to days what would you most like to change on your iPad. And I couldn't figure out how to edit that part!

As a 'leftie' I was wondering why you find the iPad favours the right-handed user? Mine is in an Apple smart case and the home button is by my left hand while in landscape orientation.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reduce the price and the screen size but increase everything else resolutions ram storage processor audio quality;)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1. Unbundle GPS from the cellular radio. I would like having GPS, but for an extra $130 I could buy a "real" GPS unit.

2. Put some cursor arrows on the *%^#!! keyboard! Or at least enable voice-activated cursor positioning, to justify the space the otherwise-useless microphone key occupies.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
No problem.

As to your discussion.....although I'm right handed, isn't the iPad already "ambidextrous" as you can use it anyway round thereby all the physical buttons can be anywhere that you want them to be! If it's the software controls then that is an issue for the App Devs rather than an issue with the iPad.....that's my 2 cents anyway.

The Archangel

I understand what you are saying, however I am a southpaw and when I am typing (for i.e.. ) and I want to cut/copy and paste half of my 2nd line to half of my 4th line. When I try to make the cursor blink where I want it to I ( almost ) HAVE to use my right finger because if I use my left it takes forever to get the cursor blinking in the right place, even if I use the magnifying option. There are quite a few other ones, but that is one of my biggest hang ups it takes a LOT longer. Also using iPad to take a pic., if I don't remember to turn it the " right" way so that I have to use my right finger to push the button and when i don't turn it around my hands are covering the lens. Thanks, Squib

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An SD card slot to start with, then Bluetooth connectivity to allow the sharing of media files from phones to ipad.
Able to stream to wifi TV without the use of other apple products to do so,
I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and just the few things listed above would make the ipad a far better experience, my 2 items would sing along together, but its just a little harder to do as apple left a few things out.
I love the ipad software and its just a breeze to use, but its a pain having to use Dropbox or email the photos from my Note 2.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, however I am a southpaw and when I am typing (for i.e.. ) and I want to cut/copy and paste half of my 2nd line to half of my 4th line. When I try to make the cursor blink where I want it to I ( almost ) HAVE to use my right finger because if I use my left it takes forever to get the cursor blinking in the right place, even if I use the magnifying option. There are quite a few other ones, but that is one of my biggest hang ups it takes a LOT longer. Also using iPad to take a pic., if I don't remember to turn it the " right" way so that I have to use my right finger to push the button and when i don't turn it around my hands are covering the lens. Thanks, Squib

To Evohicks|
Aha! I finally found someone who gets it!!! Thank YOU.... It is a subtle thing, just here and there, but it is like most of the rest of the man made world, set up for right handed folks. Thanks, so much for posting this. I was feeling very alone! Squib.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ditto on the keyboard having some cursor placement options. Some type of pop up screen based volume control that works across apps would be nice too. Oh yeah, have the speaker somehow point towards the user. I hate that it sends sound away from you and you end up having to crank it sometimes to hear it good. Otherwise, not much wrong. Great device :)

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is probably software but I would really like to be able to label pictures in photos.

Bobbi

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I continue to hope for real file sharing and widgets, but I have come to accept that this is not going to happen and live/work around these limitations.
But, day-in and day-out, let me add my voice to the frustrated chorus complaining of the lack of good cursor control? And, why not a delete (forward) key, rather than just the backspace? These seem to be simple (and obvious) changes that even Apple apple could do.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ditto ditto ditto !

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts