What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about changing titles in iBooks

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked a question about changing titles on some User Manuals etc in iBooks but didn't get a satisfactory answer maybe I wasn't clear?

Some background - I hold ALL my User Manuals etc on my iPad. The first thing I do when I acquire something new is find the link to the User Manual and any data sheets etc. I then open the PDF(s?) and choose "open in iBooks" to transfer it to my iBooks library.

The bookcase view usually is sometimes too small to see the covers clearly so I use the list view. The problem here was that some of the titles were meaningless strings of characters or numbers like KALED553BXZ_A or 7814-369842 or wid_manual :(

I asked if this could be changed and got various unsatisfactory responses.... :(

So I played around and found a solution (obvious when you know how so this is for the few that don't) :)

In iBooks get the "List" view, touch "Edit", select the title you want to change, touch the title and the keyboard comes up for you to change the title to whatever you want....

Now ALL my titles are fully meaningful :) ;)

Yeah! :D

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
2years on the iPad, and thousands of posts read on this forum, and I never heard of this. Wow. It works a treat. Thank you. I just renamed a couple of PDFs just to check it out. I'll be doing the rest ASAP. Finally RUA_PDR_605 will mean something.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nice!

I'm pretty sure that wasn't always there, so I'm wondering what version of iBooks added it. It only works with PDF's of course, but they show up in blue so it's easy to see what is editable.

Thanks.

Most reactions