What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What time should I get in line Friday for 3g?

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will there be long lines Friday for 3g?

Well, I have called all over around me and no iPads! None at Bestbuy or the three apple stores. So I have decided to buy a 3g on Friday night just to get it sooner. (32g-3G)

My question is, with a launch at 5 pm what time are people getting in line? Early morning? Mid day?

Here is the bad part for me. My wife is having our second child on THIS DAY! Scheduled c-section. If I cannot go at night I will be out of luck. I will not leave the hospital during the day for obvious reasons.

Also, what do you all think about stock. Do you think they will have any stock left by Saturday? Cause I can easily go early Saturday and grab one if they have any left.

Last edited:
OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I am. That's the whole point. I will not leave during the day. At night I am leaving because we have a 2 year old and want him to have some normal time through out everything.

I am just curious if I go at night or Saturday morning I could still grab one? Anyone have any speculation on the 3g launch vs the Wifi?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't understand how a big-box retailer like Best Buy is going to manage being open for business all day and have people line up for a 5:00 pm in-store release. If I were in charge of the location, I'd be concerned about the iPad purchasers clogging up my store, bored and restless, while I was trying to conduct normal business.

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
figmo> I know. I called my local Apple store to ask how this will work on Friday for this evening launch. She said their will be sectioned off line areas for those waiting for the iPad. Its gonna be nuts I think.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've gotta have it Friday i would almost consider finding a friend that wanted to earn a hundred bucks and putting the friend in line with your cash.

But then again - you can always have a kid - but the 3g iPad will only make its debut once in history. I bet your wife would understand!

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The apple stores can't tell you anything at this point I bet because they don't have them yet. There was so much bad information on launch day for the wifis that I wouldn't trust anything you hear. I say just show up a few hours after opening like I did and you will get your unit with minimal hassle.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would recommend hitting up a Best Buy (with an Apple Store section - not all have it) rather than going to the Apple Store. The one near me had a 64g version at noon on the WiFi release date. Not sure about 32g.

I can't believe you did not call uncle Steve before schedule the c-section! Can't the baby wait another day!!! :)

-Greg

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL! My wife would kill me! Hell, I would kill me!

We chose this date because my other sons bday is in May. We wanted to give them both their own month. Had no idea it would be 3g release day! Argh!

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my wifi at the local Apple store 3-4 days after release with no wait. The Best Buy, which happens to be closer to me was sold out. I'd try and get someone else to get in line for you and then deliver it to you where ever you happen to be.

Congratulations on the new baby.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score

We chose this date because my other sons bday is in May. We wanted to give them both their own month. Had no idea it would be 3g release day! Argh!

Maybe she will go into labor on her own before Saturday? Crossing my fingers for you.

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The problem is I have NO techy friends who would care why this is important to me. =( They would balk at waiting in line for me. I am going to ask my sister, but I think shes working.

Its almost embarrassing that I care this much about getting it. I need a shot or something to cure me.

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When my kids were born, nothing other than death would have kept me away...

The iPad is an object?

Somehow this point is still being missed. I am NOT leaving during this time. That is my whole issue. I will not leave during the day.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hey - look at it this way - your son will be born at the launch date of the iPad 3G - that is special!!!

Actually I would definitely keep one for him as a reminder and gift. He will love it, when he is old enough.

;)

Most reactions

Latest posts