What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What photo editing app do you use and why?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I bought a camera connection kit and a new Canon digicam today, I was wondering what photo editing app you guys use and why...

I want to be at least be able to easily remove red eye, adjust contract, crop, rotate, etc etc.

Usually I use Photoshop CS4 but obviously that's not really an option if I only have my iPad with me.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I am not heavy into photography so I just use the free Photoshop.com Mobile for the iPhone. It does what little editing I do.... I do hope they update it for iPad...

Of course on the desktop I use Photoshop CS3 .......

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that I bought a camera connection kit and a new Canon digicam today, I was wondering what photo editing app you guys use and why...

I want to be at least be able to easily remove red eye, adjust contract, crop, rotate, etc etc.

I use PhotoPad, on the recommendation of someone in another thread. It doesn't do red-eye, but covers the other basic functions you mention. This picture of my Solstice GXP in the "Cars!" thread was tweaked with it. I re-sized it, cropped a bit, did some contrast.

solstice1275306141.jpg

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it, but I have to be able to remove red eye :(

Just in case I am somewhere and want to share from my iPad, I want to do so without the red eye :(

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use PhotoPad for quick cropping and ArtStudio for more advanced features.

I like it, but I have to be able to remove red eye :(

Just in case I am somewhere and want to share from my iPad, I want to do so without the red eye :(
Only app I have heard of with red eye reduction is PixelMagic, but I haven't tested it. You could also use something like ArtStudio to create a layer above your photo, cover the red eye with black, and then adjust the opacity of the red eye mask layer so that the pic looks natural.

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Usually I use Photoshop CS4 but obviously that's not really an option if I only have my iPad with me.

Matth3w,

I'm sure you know this, but the best thing for red eye is to avoid it during capture. Try to develop your available light shooting skills or get the flash off the camera/lens axis. Not always possible, but it will make life easier (and save you time in PP).

Cheers,

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No doubt...however, often you are giving your camera to someone else to take pictures. :(

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All too true! I'm playing around with Photogene and I notice that in the info section, they say that Red Eye correction will be incorporated into the next update. It seems to be one of the best apps for image manipulation right now. Hope this helps.

Ciao,

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think it's a good idea to get a stylus for photo editing?

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matth3w,

If that was directed at me, I've not tried a stylus with the iPad, so I can't answer. I think it's going to depend on the ability to alternately zoom in on an area you want to work on. That might mitigate using a stylus.

Personally, I shoot RAW almost exclusively and PP in CS4 so other than using the iPad for display of my images, I'm not expecting too much from it. I do have the camera kit on order, but as I said, I'm not expecting too much use from it. I enjoy PP as much as I do shooting, so I'm quite prepared to spend a good deal of time working on my images.

Cheers,

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, I wonder how hard it would be to create a layer or cutout for example with just your finger though.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
@Simon - I like black and white photography.... I really like your B&W work on your website! You have real skills.......

Most reactions

Latest posts