What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What next?

acosta2269

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a brand newbie to the ipad and to jailbreaking. Thank you to all for the GREAT information available here.

Got my ipad2 16gb wifi only about 2 weeks ago, which I jailbroke immediately. Everything seems to be working fine. I love it so far. Already wishing I bought the larger capacity :(.

I've been reading/learning a lot about the SHSH blobs. With 4.3.4 being released, am I safe? I don't want to do anything wrong to lose my jailbreak.

I understand Cydia does an automatic backup - Cydia says SHSH: IOS 4.3.3. I also downloaded and ran iSHSH*T, it shows 1-4.3.3.shsh as a saved blob. I downloaded tiny umbrella last night and saved my blob, but it only saved
4.3.4.shsh
5.0b1.shsh
5.0b2.shsh
5.0b3.shsh

A few questions:

Am I safe? Do I need to (can I) do anything else at this point?

I backed up the ipad before I did the jailbreak. Did it save the shsh for 4.3.3 anywhere?

If I need to restore to 4.3.3 for some reason, how would i do that if Tinyumbrella only has the 4.3.4.shsh blob?

If I accidentally update the ipad to 4.3.4, I assume cydia and iSHSH*T stop working? If that's so, how would I restore to 4.3.3 from them?

I appreciate the help.
Anthony

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're fine. Just tuck away those blobs you got from iSHSH*t somewhere on your computer.

If you ever need to, you won't be using the iPad to restore itself, you'll have to use a PC. So, that's why you save the blobs somewhere.

And, with Cydia showing you have 4.3.3 - you're golden!

So, enjoy your jailbreak - and don't worry ... be happy! :D

Marilyn

P.S. Even though Tiny Umbrella (TU) doesn't show you as having 4.3.3, once you save the blobs you got from iSHSH*T on your PC, you can always point TU to that spot (and, if I remember the process correctly, you can also point TU at Cydia). So, you're good twice, maybe even thrice over...

PodFace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking is super easy. It's nearly impossible to screw up.

OP
A

acosta2269

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn. That makes me feel a lot better.

How do I get the blobs from iSHSH*t to my computer?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open iSHSH*t and press "Manage SHSH." In the upper RH corner is a blue "Send All" button. Pressing on it opens an e-mail so you can send all the saved blobs to wherever. If you have more than one blob there, just pressing on the blob line opens the mail so you can send only that one.

Send it to yourself and then just save it somewhere on your PC/Mac.

Suits?

Marilyn

OP
A

acosta2269

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it. It worked fine. I saved it in the same directory as the TinyUmbrella blobs, just to keep them all together.

Thank you very much for your help.

A friend of mine said something about...needing to "close" the Jailbreak with some sort of "patch"....so the ios couldn't be changed. I'm not sure what he was talking about (and he wasn't either). He may of been trying to talk about saving the shsh?

Is there anything else I need to do to the jailbreak, aside from saving the shsh?

MichaelR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He was probably referring to patching the PDF exploit. It will keep you safe from a malicious attempt to use that exploit. Its a free Cydia patch. I believe its called PDF Patcher 2, by Comex

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, if you are paranoid about security, go ahead and install the package... It can't do any harm to be protected. Personally, I like to court danger :)

Most reactions

Latest posts