What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What music are you listening to right now!?!?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.png

I've always enjoyed listening to Hank Williams.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently attended a concert in Edmonton by Chris de Burgh. I had no idea he had recorded Africa, originally by Toto, but his performance of it live was unforgettable.

Presently listening to the original version on Africa: The Best of Toto.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently attended a concert in Edmonton by Chris de Burgh. I had no idea he had recorded Africa, originally by Toto, but his performance of it live was unforgettable.

Presently listening to the original version on Africa: The Best of Toto.
image.png

Sometimes a cover version of a song is better than the original recording. I like this version of Spirit in the Sky better than the original version by Norman Greenbaum. Both versions reached number 1 in the UK.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jumping around all over the place this morning.

Earlier I was playing "Pictures At An Exhibition" , now I'm plodding through some 1970s chart stuff and, have to say, finding some real treasures.

Up now: Demis Roussos - My Friend The Wind

Up Next: Pussycat - Mississippi

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs - Brian & Michael

Haven't heard this one for years. Basically tells the story of L.S. Lowry, a North of England artist, whose work was initially condemned as naïve. Lowry was offered many honours including a knighthood, but turned them all down.

The song reached Number 1 in the UK in 1978.

Featuring a children's choir, with clear Northern accents, and a brass band, it's well worth a spin.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Meatloaf - I'd do anything for love (but I won't do that)

and coming up

This one is a bit special: read on

Antal Dorati conducting the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra and the University of Minnesota Brass Band.

Recording made in 1958 on the Mercury Living Presence label.

Features a bronze cannon recorded at Douay, in France, which was made in 1775.

The bells are taken care of by the Laura Spelman Rockefeller Memorial Carillon, Riverside Church, New York City. This is one of the largest carillons ever made.

Most reactions