What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What music are you listening to right now!?!?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.png

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This was what my Sunday looked like:
IMG_2595.PNG

The best of those were: The Firewatchers Daughter, Something More than Free, Tomorrow is My Turn, The Deslondes, and The Traveling Kind.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Katherine Jenkins - The Ultimate Collection

Hymn to the Fallen

Katherine comes from a musical family. Her father is the composer of the Adiemus series, Karl Jenkins.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many years ago, Arthur C Clarke was asked how to write a science fiction novel. As an example, he wrote a half page abstract called The Songs of Distant Earth. He later expanded it into a novel.

Mike Oldfield is well known. His Tubular Bells (VS2001) was the first album released by the Virgin label, and part of the album was comandeered for use as incidental music for the movie "The Exorcist". Later he wrote the soundtrack for "The Killing Fields". Apparently, at the end of the movie, most people stayed in their seats until the final bars of the beautiful "Étude" faded away.

As far as I'm aware, no one has attempted to create the film version of Songs of Distant Earth. If anyone ever does, I hope they use Mike Oldfield's soundtrack, which I'm listening to now. It lived up to Clarke's expectations. He heard it in his lifetime and was well pleased with what he heard.

The Songs of Distant Earth is an incredible story and Oldfield's music does full justice to it.

Most reactions

Latest posts