What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What memory to go for?

eddy20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
right guys, i've decided im going for the wi-fi only version as i just wouldn't use 3G enough to justify the cost, im just not sure which memory to go for.
I will be using it for music, photos and a few films for long journeys (though will mainly rent from itunes so these will be constantly changing). i will also be taking video and photo with the camera. And of course using many apps from the app store. Will the 16GB be enough or do people think the 32GB is best bet?
anyone with the 16GB wish they'd gone for the larger memory?

thanks

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go for what you can afford. I have the 64g and use it for what you want. No worries about space.
Enjoy and
GooD Luck

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 16GB and it's fine for me. I transfer over a movie or two when I travel but I don't keep movies on it all the time. 10GB is taken up with songs. I don't put everything on it...don't feel the need to. I have a ton of apps, Kindle study guides and I still have enough room to put a couple movies on if I need to. To each his own though. Some like to carry everything with them all the time, I chose not to. I pick what I want to do and listen to that particular day or outing and that's what I put on. I have a nano plugged into my car stereo with all of my music on it and it's a pain sometimes going through everything to find something I want unless I have it on shuffle. But I think it's personal preference. If you want to carry everything on your iTunes on your iPad I'd probably go with a 32 or 64 if you can afford it but if not the 16GB would be just fine. My .02

Reaction score
I've got 93 apps, 500+photos, 7 songs , no videos on my 16gb iPad with 10.8gb still available.
The 32gb was the most popular with the first generation before they stopped making them in leau of the 2 but supply hasn't caught up with demand of the 2nd generation to really get any real statistics.
As posted above ,get the most you can afford. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Last edited:

mrquod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I struggled with an 8gb iPod, and thought I could - maybe - use 2gb more. Then I struggled with a 32gb iPod. Now I'm, tbf, pretty comfortable with a 64gb ipad.

IME, dross expands to fill the space available. Over and above the most important 16gb, of course ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't mind regularly changing out your media or would use lots of cloud storage, you could do OK with less space.

I'm lazy and like convenience. I also don't like cloud storage. (I use it only for stuff I wouldn't care about if it were suddenly inaccessible.) My music collection is about 32GB, if I remember right, so I got the largest capacity available. I'd buy even more space if they sold it.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
right guys, i've decided im going for the wi-fi only version as i just wouldn't use 3G enough to justify the cost, im just not sure which memory to go for.
I will be using it for music, photos and a few films for long journeys (though will mainly rent from itunes so these will be constantly changing). i will also be taking video and photo with the camera. And of course using many apps from the app store. Will the 16GB be enough or do people think the 32GB is best bet?

thanks
Here's my response to the same question on another thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/31064-howdy-texas.html#post222307

Hope that helps!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music And Photo's

thanks

I went for the 64GB wifi, and I'm glad I did, I too use for music, photo's etc. Minimum 32GB, but try for the 64 if you can....I have used 19GB already (yes, some stuff does need copying back) but I know the 16GB wouldn't cut it for me :)

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
laserguy007 said:
It's better to have more and not need it then to need it and not have it!

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

Same goes with the wifi vs 3G

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy the most you can afford if money is not an option.

I had the 16G wi-fi only on original iPad.
Got the 64 3G on the iPad 2.
Don't need the 3G as often as I thought I would but rather have it than not.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
space is like money..the more u have the more u want...dont fall into this LUST unless u absolutely need it..hope someone JB to use external usb drive with ipads :D

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this very problem. I eventually decided on the middle ground and got the 32gb. I currently have 18gb left on it so I think I made the right choice because I'd soon be running out of memory if I'd of bought the 16gb. I still have plenty of stuff to put on the iPad yet too.

sent from iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts