What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What it needs?

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you all feel that the iPad (and its app store) needs in order to be a more perfect machine?

Personally, I would like Pages to be a more powerful word processor, especially when used in conjunction with the Bluetooth keyboard, as it currently does not capitalize first letters of sentences when using said keyboard. I'm sure the machine is fully capable of running something with capabilities akin to Word or OpenOffice Writer. In fact, it would be great if the latter designed an iPad version. But in the meantime, Pages is doable, just a bit lacking. I don't expect to fully format my books on this thing, but the more capabilities, the better.

Also, I'm a rabid hockey fan, and I'd love for the NHL to release a Gamecenter app so I could stream live games. The current NHL app is decent enough for live scores and stats, but a full game streaming experience on the iPad would be amazing.

So, what improvements could be made to the device's list of capabilities that would make you even happier with your sizable tech investment?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Up', 'Down', 'Left' and 'Right' arrow keys on the keyboard. Moving the cursor around with that dumb magnifying glass thing is a PITA.

A fully customisable keyboard would be nice too, lol. Someone found a way of loading a black 3D-effect keyboard in another thread here, so if that is possible I can't see why a full qwerty board shouldn't be possible, with the numbers row at the top and other symbol keys as per regular full-size keyboards. The iPad one seems to have been lifted straight from the iPhone, where the small size necessitated the switching between 3 screens to avoid keys being too small to be practical. No such consideration applies to the iPad, and it was frankly rather lazy of them not to design a new keyboard for it.

paddydd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NHL gamecenter live ++

It would be great to see the games on the iPad.
Paddy

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Up', 'Down', 'Left' and 'Right' arrow keys on the keyboard. Moving the cursor around with that dumb magnifying glass thing is a PITA.
+10

I'd love to have Swype or Swiftkey available on the iPad. I show those on my EVO to my iPhone using friends and they just cry ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts