What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your ipads name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatever iTunes named it.

Naming a MACHINE??? please.......

Right because who would name a machine like Spirit of St. Louis or Friendship Seven or Titanic?

Not the same thing at all. They are ships that REQUIRE a name. These are just computers.
Stevie Ray Vaughn named a guitar "First Wife", another was "Lenny."

Various cultures name swords of great warriors.

I don't mind if you are in denial, but people have named tools and machines for Centuries.

Alling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
simonalling.webs.com
"Paddan"

I'm actually considering "Paddan". It may occur odd, but padda [ˈpada] is the Swedish word for toad, and in Sweden it's quite common to refer to one's iPad by min padda ("my toad") or paddan ("the toad"). :D

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my novel His Robot Girlfriend set in the year 2032, people use devices called TexTees. The iPad is probably more advanced than the device I describe in the book, since I wrote it several years ago, I was thinking along the lines of the Kindle. Still, I call mine my TexTee.

OMG I loved your book, it got me daydreaming beyond belief!

I don't recall where I found it, perhaps here on the Forums, but I'm sure glad I did. What an original story and I loved the Textee's in the book. I remember reading that story back when the iPad was first shipping and thinking how awesome the things would be that my iPad would be used for.

I can say I surpassed those ideas and still going strong. I'm finding new things almost daily to make the iPad a part of almost every hour of every day. Without going back and re-reading certain chapters, I would say the iPad was being described in your book, before the iPad was available too!

One thing I kept thinking all throughout the book, "This is most definately our future and I want one too!" My wife might get angry but maybe she could start out as our maid. :):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts