What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your opinion on the name of the iPad?

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i know alot of names for apples new device was going around before the official keynote. people said it would be called the "iTablet" or the "iSlate" some even said it would be called the "iTab" but never did i once hear anyone say it would be called the "iPad"
i may have seen it once or twice but my brain didnt think about it too much because everytime i saw the name iPad i would think back to the old MadTV iPad sketch. i honestly never thought it would be named that.
January 27 2010 - Steve jobs did confirm it to be called the iPad.

apple-ipad-tablet-steve-jobsjpg-fd9049ca2d6b3208_large.jpg

So since that is the official name i've learned to adapt and enjoy using the term "iPad" to refer to the device. and i've kind of grown attached to calling it that. well what did you guys think about the name? i know alot of people dont care about the name of a product but just for conversations sake lets discuss it

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i know alot of names for apples new device was going around before the official keynote. people said it would be called the "iTablet" or the "iSlate" some even said it would be called the "iTab" but never did i once hear anyone say it would be called the "iPad"
i may have seen it once or twice but my brain didnt think about it too much because everytime i saw the name iPad i would think back to the old MadTV iPad sketch. i honestly never thought it would be named that.
January 27 2010 - Steve jobs did confirm it to be called the iPad.

I like the name. Id prefer the islate but name isnt everything. The name does give away what it is, which is good, and apple names always have to come witht the traditional I in it.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't in favor for the name, and was hoping for the iSlate.. In fact, I wrote a few articles while it wouldn't be called the iPad.. boy was I wrong :)

kbregnar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Horrible name. It immediately made me think of a feminine hygeine product as well as every other colleague I talked to. Besides the fact that Apple will probably end up in a legal battle over the name with Toshiba who own the copyright to that name.

Was Apple thinking when they named this product?

iSlate is much better, but I think that they do not want to be compared to the Win7 offerings coming out from HP and others that were annouced at CES.

Stupid.

Most reactions