What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the perfect game for me to start with??

JYogi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK
I have always liked the games like Simm City and things where you build a society or something along those lines (theres tons of others I have played where you make a galaxy, railroad etc etc). I thought something like this may be easy to use on the IPad.

Is there a game like that, good for someone just starting up gaming?

Some of the games just get too in depth almost it seems and I do not want to have to sit there in front of it 24/7

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
The Sim for the iPhone would work.... There are also some "farm building" games as well. Do a search on the app store, I know there are tons of games like those.....

Do remember that iPhone and iPod games work on the iPad. You just tap the little "2X" button to make them bigger......

There is also a version of civilization as well....

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simcity for the iPhone would work.... There are also some "farm building" games as well. Do a search on the app store, I know there are tons of games like those.....

Do remember that iPhone and iPod games work on the iPad. You just tap the little "2X" button to make them bigger......

There is also a version of civilization as well....

The upconvert really looks like crap tho.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really depends on the game. At first I decided no iPhone games on my iPad. Then I got to missing one of mine, and put it on the iPad. It honestly looked almost as good as on the iPhone. So I added a few others, and it's hit or miss. Some look fine, some don't. Anything with a lot of text doesn't upscale well at all in my opinion.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Godfinger, which is free.
We Rule, free but which appears to be an online world (which probably means inapp purchases if you really get into it).
The Sims might amuse you as well.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
It really depends on the game. At first I decided no iPhone games on my iPad. Then I got to missing one of mine, and put it on the iPad. It honestly looked almost as good as on the iPhone. So I added a few others, and it's hit or miss. Some look fine, some don't. Anything with a lot of text doesn't upscale well at all in my opinion.

Agree... I think many of these young folks are used to pristine hi-Rez graphics from dual g-force multi scan video cards. Most of the iPhone things look fine.... As good as a strictly iPad app? Of course not.... But if you played Doom 2 in Dos on a 486 with 4 megs of ram....they look pretty good. The biggest problem I have with iPhone apps is things like documentstogo, where the screen scaling makes it almost useless.

mrdinh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
godfinger is awesome!...anyone want to be my friend and go on my planet?

Most reactions