What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What iPad model will you buy?

What model iPad is for you?

• Apple iPad Wi-Fi 16GB - $499

Votes: 51 14.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 32GB - $599

Votes: 54 15.4%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB - $699

Votes: 65 18.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB - $629

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 32GB - $729

Votes: 56 16.0%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB - $829

Votes: 95 27.1%

• Total voters

auspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sometimes i hate my upbringing:( born in italy and lived there long enough to learn exactly how to save and spend money. then, i was shifted to america were everything is cheap as and i made a heap of money, now living in aus this happy-drunk-expensive land, im blocked from everything...:mad::mad:
i have been want to jump on the apple train for as long while,-ever since the 17inch imac's- but because everything is so expensive here it makes it hard.:mad: well sorta i think its more that everything i see is just a $ sign
eg: my 2 computers 1:a 3ghz 3gb ram block with xp for basic home use -$125
scored off some old people who didnt think it worked because thay couldnt turn it on 2: asus eeepc netbook 1.6ghz- 512mbg ram. i just cant seem to spen money :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: argh i wanna ipad:(:( sumone sell theres for unda $80

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that depends...

I am not sure if I should buy iPad Wifi or Wifi plus 3G. Can anyone tell me what would be major difference between WiFi and Wifi plus 3G ipad? Isn't it better to have Wifi + 3G if you go to a place where Wifi is not available?

Certain Android phones can wirelessly tether to your ipad giving you 3g or 4g (depending on the phone and the area) without buying the wifi plus3g version.

Lisa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB - $699
though i now feel that i could have done with a smaller one.

CatiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Wifi only version so I didn't get saddled with monthly bill, but I'm surprise so many people get the 3G version. How often do you leave the house with the iPad?

Ellen

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got the Wifi only version so I didn't get saddled with monthly bill, but I'm surprise so many people get the 3G version. How often do you leave the house with the iPad?

Here's the thing. My last laptop had 3G built-in. I paid for a 1-year contract, unlimited and you're right, I barely used it and paid $82/month for the privilege. I wouldn't do that again because 1) cellular modems are more compact so an external one wouldn't be a hassle and 2) there are companies like Clear that don't require a monthly contract. But those options don't work with the iPad, which has no USB port.

I do occasionally (a few times a year) need access away from wi-fi, so 3G was a must. Jailbreaking the iPad and tethering your cell phone only works if you've got a fancy phone with a data plan - which I don't.

What takes the sting out having to get 3G this time is it's month-to-month and much cheaper than my Sprint contract was. Paying $15 a month a couple of times a year seems like a decent trade-off. Hell, it might be worth keeping the $15 month plan going all year for those times when wifi isn't handy. but the novelty of that might wear off after a bit. Plus, I like that the GPS is more accurate in the 3G models. (For example, my girlfriend's iPad always shows her in the next building when she's over.)

faisj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB

I bought a 16gb iphone before and always thought: I should have bought the 32GB
and the 3g well, I think the Ipad is "internet everywhere".
If I am in a hotel lobby, at a presentation etc.. and there is no WIFI
well, thats the moment the 3g is crucial. imho

Tablet Junkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my 16GB 3G iPad - I intend to learn everything about it and then next year buy the improved hardware unit.

katemcdonough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm embarrased that my question is so rudimentary. I'm new to Apple and was given a fully loaded iPad by a friend.

Question: What do I do to get the keyboard to come up on demand? I've been poking at the screen randomly and sometimes the keyboard appears and sometimes it doesn't.

Snagtooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64g 3G and we just bought my soon to be 3 year old a 32g wifi. At least that's who my wife tells me it's for....mmmhmmm

Most reactions

Latest posts