What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What iPad model will you buy?

What model iPad is for you?

• Apple iPad Wi-Fi 16GB - $499

Votes: 51 14.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 32GB - $599

Votes: 54 15.4%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB - $699

Votes: 65 18.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB - $629

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 32GB - $729

Votes: 56 16.0%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB - $829

Votes: 95 27.1%

• Total voters
OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very true, that's why the 32gb model looks just about right :)

We know the next model of iPad that will be here 12 months or 24 months from now will be better and have some of these things that people "need" so don't know if I should get the 16gb or the 64gb.

We can only imagine how we will use the darn thing so unsure of what we "NEED".

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buying two or more...

I'm buying at least two straight off.

I answered the poll with a 32G WiFi 3G, which will be my main service carry all as I do much of my work with my iPhone 32G 3GS now.

The second one will be for family and the first purchase, obviously because the 16G WiFi will be available before I can get my own 32G iPad aprox 15 to 30 days later. :ipad-case:

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll most likely get the top of the line model, though I'll probably kick myself when Apple lowers the price 6 months down the road.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I was going to buy an iPad 1st gen (which is less likely). It would be the 64 GB model, no 3G. I'm already at 30 GB on my 64 (listed as 60 actual) GB iPod. 18 GB is music/audio-books, 10 in videos, 1.5 in Apps, and the rest as photos and other. On an
iPad loaded with iWorks I'd expect Videos and Photos to dramatically increase.

I always figure on at least a 5 year use life, so ya got to have room to grow.

iII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going with the 16Gb/WiFi model and saving the cash to upgrade to the premium model when the 2nd generation is released.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going with the 16Gb/WiFi model and saving the cash to upgrade to the premium model when the 2nd generation is released.
Good thinking. I might do the same. :ipad-peacock:

iPadBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teenagerswithaspergers.com
16GB WiFi for me. Due to the size, I'll probably only use it in my house, so I won't need the 3G, and I haven't used up all the space on my 16GB 3GS yet so I don't see why I need more on the iPad really.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
16GB WiFi for me. Due to the size, I'll probably only use it in my house, so I won't need the 3G, and I haven't used up all the space on my 16GB 3GS yet so I don't see why I need more on the iPad really.

Maybe because you will download more movie and song in you're :ipad-movie: concerning the 3G is a good question, but my self i will buy a 3G as i travel a lot (surely too much) many time i don't get good wifi ... i know after one or two trip i will not bring anymore my MacBookPro ... as the Ipad can do all i need even in business trip i will just upgrade my Dropbox account but of course everybody have is own needing

uwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 499 unit plus the Sprint Backbpack mobile hot spot is my plan. This will provide
3G and 4G based on the best available. The WiFi can be share with 5. The unit here
in Chicago works in my home as well as Metra. I will drop AT&T DSL and Direct TV and AT&T landline service. The monthly fee of $50 is actually the amount of TAXES I pay for the above 3 services. With Vonage/or Skype on the iPad with a blue tooth headset I will save minutes on the iPhone. The original iPhone data plan is still $20. With legacy roll over minutes from AT&T (6000 min.) I have yet to pay extra for iPhone.

mhq1027

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.analyticspost.com
I am not sure if I should buy iPad Wifi or Wifi plus 3G. Can anyone tell me what would be major difference between WiFi and Wifi plus 3G ipad? Isn't it better to have Wifi + 3G if you go to a place where Wifi is not available?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad Wifi & Wifi + 3G

I am not sure if I should buy iPad Wifi or Wifi plus 3G. Can anyone tell me what would be major difference between WiFi and Wifi plus 3G ipad? Isn't it better to have Wifi + 3G if you go to a place where Wifi is not available?

That depend on two point:

1) you're budget
2) where you will use

Concerning the point 1 only you know

but for point 2 it depend if you consider to bring you're ipad if you go in week-end or when you go to visit you're Grand'Ma :D

Have the Wifi+3G is a must but that's is based on what you wana do with ... and this you should better to consider carrefuly before , if don't have budget problem you can buy a wifi and when 3G come out sell the Wifi and got a 3G or wait the 3G come out and buy it ...

Most reactions

Latest posts