What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMG_2326.JPG
IMG_2329.JPG
I got my bird-feeder fixed and "bird" is glad I did.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And now for something completely different: my daughter bought this for our backyard, and it's finally completely filled. We haven't used it yet, I hope that will happen this week, if it's warm enough.
IMG_5572.JPG
IMG_5574.JPG
IMG_5580.JPG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes...
Just a young one :)

Cute one, too! :) Now, I've seen hedgehogs in zoos and on nature shows, but just thought that these spiny guys are not much mentioned on this side of the Atlantic - so, looked at a Wiki article (just the first paragraph quoted below) and there are no living species native to the Americas - learn something every day! Dave

A hedgehog is any of the spiny mammals of the subfamily Erinaceinae, in the eulipotyphlan family Erinaceidae. There are seventeen species of hedgehog in five genera, found through parts of Europe, Asia, and Africa, and in New Zealand by introduction. There are no hedgehogs native to Australia, and no living species native to the Americas (the extinct genus Amphechinus was once present in North America). Hedgehogs share distant ancestry with shrews (family Soricidae), with gymnures possibly being the intermediate link, and have changed little over the last 15 million years. Like many of the first mammals, they have adapted to a nocturnal way of life.[3] Hedgehogs' spiny protection resembles that of the unrelated porcupines, which are rodents, and echidnas, a type of monotreme.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cute one, too! :) Now, I've seen hedgehogs in zoos and on nature shows, but just thought that these spiny guys are not much mentioned on this side of the Atlantic - so, looked at a Wiki article (just the first paragraph quoted below) and there are no living species native to the Americas - learn something every day! Dave
He's really sweet isn't he, I haven't seen him since but they are nocturnal so I was surprised it was out in the day time.
They are really good for the garden as they eat the slugs :)

That's surprising that there are none in the USA.

Most reactions

Latest posts