What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have I clicked on...help please

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have done 'something' but I have no idea what.
I often listen to podcasts on my iPad 3 and once the podcast starts I click the main button to get back to the front page so I can go on more of my apps. Now though every time I click out of the podcast it stops playing...it goes to pause. If I click on the safari icon and open it up again the podcast continues.

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

Can anyone explain what I have done and how to correct it please.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Listening to podcasts via Safari is a fairly unpredictable. Too much depends on the website, and sites change all the time.

Have you considered using a Podcast app. If you don't like Apple's app, there are dozens of other excellent choices. My current favorite is Overcast.

But, if you want to continue using Safari, my recommendations are to restart or reset your device. If that does not work try going to Safari's settings an clearing Web History and Data. I'm not sure what else to offer. There are simply too many variables when it comes to listening to podcasts this way.

Hold in mind that some apps may take over the sound of the iPad, and updates can potentially change their previous behavior.

OP
M

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I use podcastone and have been for months. Just now when I came to play a podcast it stops playing in the background when I leave the page to do something else on the iPad. It has worked for months until tonight.

I have no idea what I have done

OP
M

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi twerppoet.

Haha..it worked. Turned the iPad off and left it for a few minutes..re-started the iPad.......and BINGO...it works again....fantastic.

I have no idea why it's working again....and I don't care.

Many thanks.

OP
M

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suppose the simplest option can often be the best option.
I just never thought about a re-start.

Most reactions

Latest posts